Mums.. have you ever been pregnant and had your period?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:24 PM - Wednesday June 24, 2009

I had my period, but it hurt more than usual, it still feels as if I were about to have it. But not hurting enough to take pills against it. My tits are bigger than usual, and a couple of nights ago I felt nausea and puked, I took a pregnancy test, it was negative so I kept going on with the birth-control pill (I've started taking it only one week ago, after a period of rest), but the pains are still here.. and I wonder whether I'm getting too paranoid about it. Or whether I should wait until I don't have a period to worry, or what. It is not normal for me to have nausea out of a sudden, nor to have incredible growing tits.. lol.. but before I keep on with my routine of drinking when i go out and smoking.. and over all taking the control-birth pill.. I guess I should go to the doctor?? which one?? would I look like a paranoid or I'm not the only one?

Update: June 24, 2009.
Hi!! thank you very much for all your answers, I'll go with my mother to her appointment, and I'll ask her then. I hope she can tell me then and end up with my worries. Since it could be much worse than getting pregnant. Thanks for your advice! :)

I would do one more self-pregnancy test. Then you should contact your doctor.

These symptoms would warrant you seeing your gyno. It could be anything.....not necessarily pregnancy. You could have an ectopic pregnancy. Definitely make an appointment, and they will rule out pregnancy. In the meantime, don't drink and limit smoking. Most likely you are not pregnant.

I have heard people say that they've gotten their period while pregnant, but that's untrue. They may bleed, but it's not a menstrual cycle.

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35

I've had bleeding when I was pregnant but it wasn't a menstrual cycle and in some cases, there have been women who had their period throughout their pregnancies and didn't know they were pregnant...to be safe and certain, just go to your gyno and make sure it's not a tubal pregnancy or anything else going wrong with your period...it's better to be safe than sorry...:D

I had my period for the first 2 months that I was pregnant.

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Yes, make an appointment with your ob/gyn. It may be a tubal pregnancy. Or something else.

Get checked, but no smoking or drinking until you find out for sure.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Managerial

well its never a bad thing to go to the doctor when its about your women parts! I would for one stop worring because that does not help and remember that the pill does have side effects like hormones that can cause your breast to grow and be pain full especially around your period, and if you only got sick once it might have been somthing you ate if you are still woried take another test they are the most accurate to take in the morning, and again its never bad to see your doc.

- Response by tiffanylc123, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Sounds like pretty common side effects of restarting birth control. When I started I was nauseous and had lots of break through bleeding. It depends on the pill.

Either way I would go to the doctor and get a blood test to confirm it. No use worrying!

- Response by sarahsoda17, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Student