Stupid question but is it possible to tear a muscle in your glutes? You know your booty muscle?
Diet & Health / 12:35 AM - Wednesday June 24, 2009

Every time I bend over I feel a tear in my left butt muscle and it hurts something awful.

:(

Yes. I know because I have pulled the butt muscle before. :-/

If you have trouble sleeping because of the pain tonight and can't walk almost normally tomorrow, (it's going to hurt for a while) I suggest you get into your doctor and ask for a muscle relaxant to take at night to loosen it up. Can't take those during the day when you're working or you'll be loopy.
It took a month or so to heal so I didn't feel any pain and almost a year until I got all my flexibility back.
Don't bend over anymore tonight. Take care.

- Response by pookiedoo, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Yes, it is possible and no, it isn't a stupid question. :)

They recommend ice and then heat. I couldn't stand the ice...made my bones hurt...so I just sat my butt in the tub, water as hot as I could stand it, 20-30 minutes a couple of days, and it was better. But you can't tell me exactly how BAD the pain is so you have to decide whether to go to a doctor for yourself.
Good luck, I know it IS painful.

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

It's possible. Does it hurt if you touch your but in certain spots? That will tell you if you have damaged a muscle.

It's possible tear any muscle, just how did you do it.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

That sounds more like a bruise...a torn muscle is usually a ligament, or tendon, we just call it a torn muscle...I would find it difficult too actually tear a muscle, although I suppose anything is possible.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

what have you been doing to tear up your Butt muscle?

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

If it is a muscle, it can be torn. And, all muscles eventually repair themselves. Limit activity that would use that muscle and take a pain reliever when needed.

I do not know of any other possible medical intervention that could or would offer anything more than that.