What is the best way to slowly distance yourself from someone who is toxic?
Friendship / 4:20 PM - Saturday June 20, 2009

I had been having problems with a toxic friend. She had only been calling me when she wanted something so I finally said no to one of her many requests. I had to since the stress was getting to be too much and she has other family and friends in town besides me. She got pretty uspet with me and I didn't hear from her for a while. Then the calls started up again. I told her nicely when she asked when she was going to see me again that I would try to make time in the next week. But she was still calling. Do any of you have any better suggestions?

start out by finding something or someone to fill your time up with. that could be a hobby, another friend, etc. then start pulling away. never call, and always be busy when she wants to do something with you.

Been there. The only thing to do is stop answering calls, texts, and emails. Eventually they stop.

- Response by ziongirl, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55