Im honestly not sure if i want to get married anymore...
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 5:53 PM - Friday June 19, 2009

im honestly not sure if i want to get married anymore...

with the ridiculously high divorce rate today
im scared to get married
sure ill settle,
i only get involved in serious relationships
but do i HAVE TO get married?
i think i can be happy with an s/o
sharing a life together as if we were married
without the actual act of legal marriage
...yeah? maybe.
:)

Update: June 19, 2009.
appreciate the older (& probably wiser) generation you guys surely know better than i do on this topic! most of you are on the same boat & i agree i wont know about anything permanent in life FOR SURE until im older, settled, sure of myself & what i want, ECT. thanks! :)

- Asked by brifon16, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Los Angeles, Student

I totally agree with you! I believe I can spend my life with someone without having to get married. Sure, I could wear a ring and all, but I'm not sure about marriage. It's the legality of things, and IF things go bad, it's terribly difficult to get out of it.

I'm with you!

- Response by dragonswagg, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

You may be right... But keep your options open, because you may change your mind...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Sure you can live your life "scared" and settle and shack up or whatever you want.
It's a free country---for now anyhow!

- Response by cathymd50, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Administrative

Been there and done that it just is another way for the state and legal system to get money out of you if you love someone that deeply you can take a vow excange the rings and call one another husband and wife. If I ever find that person I want to take that route with again that is what I will do up on a mountain :)

- Response by melodyalise, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Salt Lake City, Managerial

My 1st marriage we were together for 3 years, lived together for 2 of them before we were engaged for a year, married for 15, then he changed, like dramatically - got hooked on prescription drugs, alcohol, then started pushing me and our 2 boys around. . . I'm not with him anymore. . . i guess my point is that people change. . . . . over time. . . .

I am remarried to a wonderful man, I am 39 and he is 45 and think we are going to make it this time. . .. : ) Hope this helps. . . . . good luck

- Response by kimmiepoopoo, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Baltimore

At your age, I wouldn't even think about it. I think partly the reasons why divorce rates are so high is because people get married at a really young age. 30'S is really an ideal age, I don't care what kind of job you have how much money you make etc. There is a sense of self, and maturity that comes with age, the things you thought were cute in your 20's will irritate the hell outta you in 30, 40's and on and on. If two people want to be married, have discussed every detail of living together and merging lives together, and each get along with the other's families then perhaps you are ready. My opinion, hope it helps.

- Response by alicjohns9, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Financial / Banking

You may be right... who knows, but I think you are too young to make that decision!

I said the same thing when I was your age. I've seen my siblings (who are much older than me) get into really dumb relationships that led to bad break-ups! Then during my late twenties, I met a mature man ( he is about 9 1/2 yrs older). We got along really well and began looking forward to our company. He did not wait long before asking me to marry him and I said yes!

This September will make ten years that we have ben married.

My opinion is live your life, have fun and don't spend your time looking for 'MR RIGHT'...he will find you! That's what I did!

May that special someone find you too!

- Response by pinklillies1, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, New York, Teaching