Why did he text me randomly?
Friendship / 12:06 AM - Friday June 19, 2009

Why did he text me randomly?

About nine months ago I was interested in this guy. It was kind of un-said that we were interested in each other. We hung out with each other every night, text messaged all the time, and people noticed that we were always around each other. Then, I went away for a week, came back, and things had changed. All of a sudden he didn't have time for me, and we barely ever talked. Needless to say that in that one week I was gone, he had started talking to and hanging out with another female.

Fast forward nine months, and he has now been with his girlfriend(that same girl) for seven months. I've been with my boyfriend for five months. The only time we've texted each other was to say happy birthday to each other, and maybe once or twice throughout the nine months. We pass each other on the way to class and don't say hi to each other.

Tonight, out of the blue, after months of not talking, he sends me a text. "Hey friend, how was Africa?" I just returned from a 3 week stay in Africa. We texted back and forth, talking about school and the summer. Then he says, "On a more serious note, How's your relationship? You happy?" I reply, telling him I am and I'm waiting to see where it takes me and what not, then I ask him how his is going. He pretty much says the same thing as me, that they've had thier ups and downs and what not. So then he says "let me ask you, if I never texted you, would you have never hit me up again?" I say "that's a random question, why do you ask?" and he says "it's only random if you weren't thinking about it, and I was." I say something about how we don't even say hi to each other on campus anymore, and he says that he would like to change that, that we could be cool again.

I don't know, it just kind of made me think. Any thoughts????

- Asked by beantownchica34, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

He is just trying to re-develop contact, in case. He is using you as a spare wheel.

To me he appears too mercurial.

- Response by counsellor, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, Delhi, Self-Employed

what did it make you think? sounds very fishy! forget about him! You went away for a week and he found someone else, how important could you really have been to him? does your boyfriend know about the friendship/relationship the two of you had in the past? what does he think about it does he even know your in touch with people you were seeing? i have too many questions around your question!

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, Boston, Other Profession