"I get along with guys better than other women."
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 6:07 PM - Tuesday June 16, 2009

What the fizzle does this mean coming from a woman? Why is it like that? It's annoying and sounds really immature IMO. It's like your mind is made up...."I'm not going to get along with other women."

You know what I've observed? This is on the street, AND in the office, but I'll explain both. On the street, it's inadequacy. A woman seems to always be in competition for some reason. They don't feel they have to compete with other men, so it's more comfortable to fuse with men and be one of the guys. Just stop.

In the office, it's the same thing. And, it's something else: it seems that the woman in the office that doesn't get along with other women is either the office hoochy, or the busybody that has no life or is unhappy with her life, so she creates drama and alienates the other women. And in a couple of other cases I've seen, she's made a play for the boyfriend or husband of another woman in the office that she can't stand, but it backfired, and in her mind, she blames the WOMAN for that......"that damn b!tch!"

I know, I'm wrong. So, since I'm wrong, school me on the truth.

- Asked by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

Sorry dude but your out in left field here. I get along better with guys, always have. I'm no hoochie, I'm not unhappy with my life, no i'm not a busy body (I mind my own business) and Hell no! I don't go after no one else's man! Some women are more tomboy like. They don't get into all the gossip groups, fret about which hair is out of place, they can yell and hoot for their fav football team and etc...with guys we can be ourselves.

- Response by solstess, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Detroit, Artist / Musician / Writer

plain and simple... women are catty so for a strong minded woman simple minded women are annoying.Honestly i have to say i find myself with more male friends then female friends.my true female friends i can count on one hand and they like me tend to have more male friends then female. I've discovered that men if they really like u they will do stuff for u from the bottom of their hearts and expect nothing...but a woman on the other hand wants something.
yes women for some reason always feel they have to compete. for me thats the reason i don't have alot of female friends the non bs...i hate bs.

I prefer having both female AND male friends. I get along with both, so no problems here. Someone who says they ONLY get along with one or the other may not have tried hard enough to have female or male friends.

When I was younger my closest friends were a couple of women but mostly men. I was very athletic and very academic and more guys had those attributes than women. The women I was friends with were very cool and had a lot of guy friends too. Never got along with the girls who liked to play with dolls and was afraid to get dirty. They just seemed DULL.

Since I have gotten older most my friends are women...still friends with all my old guy friends- but it is just different now.

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

I think some women can't be bothered with all the drama, gossip, competition, gossiping that goes on with some women. So they rather hang out with guys because you don't see this going on with guys. They say men are easier to get along with. I understand that.

Then there are some women who don't give a crap about this and just ignore it, do their own thing and go home... they have some cool girlfriends who are like her in a lot of ways and get along great. I'm the latter.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

I get along with both, but have initial trouble bonding with other women to the point of being "best friends".

It's ugly, but true. Women gossip and back-stab. I guess I just don't want it to happen again. Guys are more forthright with how they feel and get to the point. I find this a comfort and have a slight preference for male company over female.

No, I'm not aiming to sleep with my male friends. Most of them are married and I am also friends with the wife.

- Response by snafu, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Financial / Banking

an out of sight generalization here!
pretty women hang w/pretty women?
so they may have "stuff" in common,
like "small stuff". so what?
pretty women hang w/women less attractive?
they also have stuff in common,
perhaps a form of intelligence, so what?
confident women feel no inadequacy to
formulate a plot against other women!
there is no need for women only to befriend
other women.
pretty much same w/men? yes? the nature
of the beast???
why do we collectively "stereotype",
rather than treat individuals as people???
IMO, stop listening to...stop judging because...
follow your own heart, ie. unless you haven't
found your own, and the world may have
fewer conflict. peace. kitkat

- Response by kitkat19, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

answer. people who say they can only get along better with a certain type 1 reason they get what they want more from that type of person ..so if a woman says she prefers men friends its because they give her what she wants .

- Response by lekilijean, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45