Men above certain age and never been married have issues?
Dating / 11:01 AM - Tuesday June 16, 2009

men above certain age and never been married have issues?

ok, i am very pleased to recieve so many responses, good ones, thank you everyone.

now, the same guy also thinks; if a man is above the age of maybe 40 and never been married, there's something wrong.
either they're players or can't commit ever. so he told me to be cautious(lol).

your opinions?

Update: June 16, 2009.
hi people! thanks for your amazing responses. i wasn't quite sure if i could really support my opinion which does NOT agree with my friends' but now with all your great comments im confident to say he's a jerk. lol

- Asked by laylayla, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

LOL, I think they may be set in their ways, haven't found Miss Right, or enjoy playing the field. Same reasons women over 35 can't find a man.

I'm 44 & never been married and no kids. I don't feel I have commitment issues because I've been in great relationships. The woman I've been with didn't feel the need to be married. I'm at a point now that I know myself well and I know exactly what I want in a relationship and marriage. Until I find the person that's compatible with me and I get back what I put in and loved in return... I'll get married in a second. With all the divorce and infidelity in this world, one should be cautious and not get married just to be married. I'm looking for the love of my life, & won't settle.

- Response by sluggo, A Rebel, Male, 46-55

IMHO we all have issues of one kind or another. I'm forty, and have never been married because I have issues caused by my mother and father fighting over the Marriage License. My father would hold it over a flame and threaten to burn it, saying things like "you know we don't have to be married if you don't want to be" etc.. , yet I still have a twenty year relationship with my boyfriend. We don't need a piece of paper or some religious right to tell us we are committed. So I guess what I'm saying is never assume that a person's issues are going to mean they can't have a lasting relationship.

- Response by thetrekhippy, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Most men that are over 40 usually don't want to get married or they would commit. They have women who will live with them so why bother. Rosey

I think people have more of an issue with a man over the age of 25 being a virgin. It seems like for a guy to same himself for marriage is now very odd

- Response by curiousguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Well we do seem to be more reserved and picky to find happiness after being in some bad relationships and it does happen on both sides, so bith sides do it.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

I sincerely hope you're not serious in your generalization regarding men above a certain age having issues. Issues... what exactly does that mean?... in my case that means a walk-away-wife who left me for her own father and his money and broke up our marriage/family - no infidelity, no lying, just a wife who was codependent with her father and greedy. So now when I date I ask how close the woman is with her father, family and how important money is to her. One more thing... perhaps men who have never been married beyond a certain age as you put it are smarter than I in realizing 50% of marriages end in divorce and 2/3 are initiated by women who get the kids, house, and 1/2 of most everything else. I suppose you could argue a middle-aged man has financial "issues" because he doesn't want the financial pain associated with divorce. The legal system taught me marriage is a financial relationship and when my wife made the unilateral decision to file for divorce all that mattered (according to my attorney) was equitable distribution of the marital assets and custody - leave it to the legal system and a no fault state to boil marriage down to the nuts and bolts. I've been married once and the pain associated with it will keep me from ever going there again.

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Consulting