My dogs temp is 99.6 and she is pregnant her due date was yesterday i need HELP
Pets / 4:51 PM - Thursday June 11, 2009

- Asked by silverlynn, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

That is in the normal range for a dog. Their temps are higher than ours.

Make a nice spot for her and the puppies. It should happen naturally. If there are any problems call a vet, or emergency vet office (open all night or longer hours).

- Response by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental

Then get off the internet and call a vet.

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

Normal temp for my dog is 100, but I would recommend calling a veterinarian's office and ask to speak to a nurse who might assist you over the phone with any questions. Good luck to you and your dog!

- Response by majicou, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

I'm not a vet but I do know that dog temperatures are higher than human temps at 98.6.

Let her make her bedding and keep it quite around her. You don't want to disturb her much. Relax and let nature take it's course.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

So? That's in the normal range and due dates are an estimate. If she goes way over the vet can give her a shot of Oxytosin to induce labor.

Relax.

Your dog knows what to do, sit back and wait, when it's time the dog will let you know.

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?