What should I do If I'm always the one calling a guy?
Dating / 12:53 AM - Wednesday June 10, 2009

I'm dating this guy and he never calls me I'm always the one to call him. I found out that his last girlfriend broke up over him never calling her. I really don't want to leave him for just that reason because I really do like him. What should I do?

Stop calling , if he really wants to talk , he'll call. Let him miss you.

- Response by 78cowgirl, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Well, you cannot have it both ways. Either you tolerate him not calling you (that is his established practice) OR you tell him to call you and if he doesn't you leave.

I am sure he has had this discussion before; but giving him the benefit of the doubt, have the discussion (not ultimatum). Tell him that it bothers you and that you expect him to pick up some of the phone calling in the future. See what he says and/or what happens.

You cannot force someone to do anything. But, I must say that if I had this issue with someone, I would take it personally. If he did not have the time or attention to call me, I would bail. What do you THINK would happen if you never called him again??????????

If he never calls, it's because he's lost interest. He might accept your calls and go out with you just to because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings..or maybe he has nothing better to do. But a guy who never calls is just not that interested.

Keep seeing him if you like that kind of attention. Stop seeing him if you don't like the lack of attention. You will NEVER change him and if you think you want to then you have to realize you will always be doing all of the work. A few more words.....It's the butterfly thingee......set it free and if it comes back to you its yours and if it doesnt it never was.

- Response by hpotterfan, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Celebrity

Stop calling and leace a last message I will wait for your next call before I call you agian so I won't be bugging you, if that is why you haven't called. Then you will know, if he is a player, if does call you back soon.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

stop calling him. but when he calls, be kind and loving. its best if the man does the bulk of the calling. shows you HE cares.

it is up to you what matters to you.
"I am leaving it up to you to decide what you're going to do"

Hello,
Guys definitely like their "space"...at least until they get married and have kids...then it all changes, but you're not there yet. If you really like him, find something else to do instead of calling him...like a hobby that makes YOU very interesting...rock climbing, jiu jitsu, etc...he will either start calling you to find out what you are up to, or you will find someone more attentive...win, win.

- Response by annabelngracesmom, Female, 36-45, Atlanta

Are you going by your feelings or are you going by the facts? If you are going by your feelings and you are not interested in anything more than what you have together....and he doesn't mind you calling.... then continue with your friendship. If you are going by the facts, then you must decide if you want to pursue a guy who shows little interest and little commitment. One more thing to ask yourself---am I calling him so often that he doesn't have a chance to miss me and call? If that is the case, you know what to do. Please keep in mind that I am a third party and do not have all the facts.

- Response by fullofjoy1, Female, 66 or older