My boyfriend hid text messages from me then deleted it when i confronted him. why would he do this?
Dating / 10:55 AM - Saturday June 06, 2009

my boyfriend hid text messages from me then deleted it when i confronted him. why would he do this?

we just sat on the couch, and he checked his phone. Sent a text back but tilting the phone the other direction from me ( so i was curious who he was talking to) i asked who and he said nobody but then turned off the volume. he kept checking it as he watched tv and he fliped it open and shut quickly after he realized he got a text back.. he got up and walked around and sent some back.. got a few more.. he sat back down looking like he was about to check his phone again so i sat next to him and he put the phone away so i asked him who are u texting and why did u delete it.. he just starts getting angry saying leave me alone.. i just want to know what hes hiding.. what do you think this sounds like? what should i do when a problem like this comes up again?

- Asked by stacy001500, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

There's no reason for him to be acting that way. For one he seemed nervous since you were around him and two he didn;t respind to when you aksed him who it was. If it's nothing he would've responded and not acted like if something was going. From past experince I learned that when my ex used to get up and go outside to talk on his phone is because he was talking to the girl he cheated on me with. So those little signs say more than you think they do. Actions speak louder than words. I'd say keep your eyes open and don't believe everything he says. From the looks of it he may be cheating but you also can't jump to assumptions unless you have true facts to back it up. You mentioned he gets angry that's the same with my ex he would pickfights for no reason so I would get mad and not want to see him. That's one sign right there. If you find out he is cheating dump him, you deserve someone better, deserve to be happy. don't deserve to be spending every day wondering if your bf is cheating.....

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

You know the only time I truly believe hiding your phone calls or text messages is because you don't want to have a arguement. We may just overreact to it and its easier to avoid communication in front of your significant other, HOWEVER, if it just so happens there is texting or talking while he's/she's with you he should let you in it. I mean if your partner is feeling bad I wouldn't want them to continue feeling that way. Privacy, yeah I guess so, but if you don't have a damn thing to hide then don't hide a damn thing. That's my opinion. And you know what they say ")

- Response by riccihopes, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Food Service

Oh god. If someone has nothing to hide from you they wouldn't act like that. That getting angry act and telling you to leave him alone is your proof. Even if it is innocent, he may be trying to avoid a conflict. Some women get all jealous and irrate, however, a healthy relationship means straight forward honesty, even if he has to defend himself, is crucial. Don't let it get to you. If he is doing wrong it will come out soon. Be calm. Act like you don't care even if your dieing inside, don't show it.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Food Service

He is talking to a female and does not want you to know ...u can bet on it

You need to start minding your own business. He is your boyfriend and not your husband. If I was him, I would tell you to "go and fly a kite".

- Response by A Player, Male, 36-45, New York

he's a player, dump him. do you want another bill clinton on your hands?

You didn't mention how long you two have been together or where you are in the relationship with him.But at least on your side I guess your far enough along to be interested in his personal life.

You two need to set some basic rules....rules that the relationship is to live....or die by.If one of these is you feel you have the right to know who he's speaking to then you should say so and either he will agree or he won't.If he won't then you have to make a decision as to whether you can accept that or not from him and still maintain a relationship with him.

- Response by justme38271, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Consulting