Will you always have special feelings for the mother or father of your children?
Dating / 12:48 PM - Thursday June 04, 2009

I'm probably the exception, but I have no feelings whatsover about my ex. Good or bad. I'm glad it's over. However, my fiance's ex seems to think that she should be with him forever and will not let go.

- Asked by coldee1, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Oh my God...this age old question gets me everytime!

When people say, "I will always love him/her cause he/she is the father of my kids," I think it's bullshit...I have no feelings whatsoever for the father of my kids...my ex husband of 13 years...There is no love at all...don't get me wrong, I don't wish him ill or any harm, but I don't beleive in the whole "there will always be a special place in my heart for the father/mother of my children" If you love them...that is one thing...but you don't love them because you had a child(ren) with them!!!!!!!!!!!

- Response by divatoonami, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Yep, I feel he's an asshole and always will be.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I personally don't....
But the Man I'm talking to said that he'll always have "love" for her...

Guess it's just a difference in people...

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

some people just never let go.

I have a special feeling all right... CONTEMPT and Disdain!
The bitch left and stole my kids with her. Vanished completely!

She went back to Mom & Dad, after I hear the war stories how
her own Dad molested HER, and her MOM blamed HER for it !!!

When we are together for life events (weddings, birthdays, graduations, etc.) there are times I look across the room at him and it feels surreal that we had two children together. We get along fine and always have through the divorce and raising our children. We are probably the exception because we have always put the kids first (they are now grown and gone from home).

Your fiance's ex is still holding on...beware because you will continue to have life events for a good long while. Think about whether or not you can live a lifetime of this. =0/

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Retired

WOW! Well,I stIll care about my kids father but I do not wish to be with him. I care to the point where I wouldn't want anything to happen to him, so more like a friend. Your feelings toward your kid(s) father is probably like that because of the way your relationship went and how it ended and now you have found someone else to fill that void. However, for your fiance's ex she hasn't let go because she 1. doesn't want to feel like she "lost" to another woman. 2. She still loves him. 3. If she can't be with him then no one else should. 4. Believe it or not, you never know what he's telling her. 5. has not found anyone or has ALLOWED herself to let go to find someone else. Also, it's harder for women sometimes to get over a relationship than it is for a man so in your situation YOU are the woman and you got over it and in his situation she is the woman and has not.It's up to him to put a end to her thinking, he has to REALLY let her know that what they had was over and he is only there for his kid(s) and be firm.

- Response by jayntay4evr, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Baltimore

depends on the person. some ppl carry baggage from past relationships, some dont. ur partner shud be glad, that u dont.

- Response by willspencer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Milan, Managerial

However, your fiance's ex is taking over your fiance. It is your fiance responsibility to put his foot down.

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Your fiance should deal with his ex.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Baltimore, Who Cares?

Ugh....I have no feelings whatsoever for my son's father. Happy that my son has none his father's negative traits.

- Response by kutie56, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Newark, Other Profession

Ok so let just be honest here. This is not your issue, its your fiance'. You need to have a discussion with him and he needs to set boundaries with his child's mother. If that doesn't happen or if he refuses, he may not be your fiance'. Let him know how the situation makes you feel and he should handle things from that point. Don't nag him and don't tell him how to handle it. Speak you peace, let him be a man and handle the situation and see what happens next. Be patience because this will not happen over night there is a certain level of respect that needs to remain because they share a child. Don't compair your relationship with your ex with his- it will drive you nuts.

- Response by ladys07, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

ya I do we have not been together in a long time but still talk even after all of these years and are very close

I have feelings for my ex, the birthing chamber to my late daughter, yes. To be honest, I hate her. I avoid being anywhere near where she may be because I truly feel that I would ... find myself in jail if I see her again.

- Response by doom2ruler, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Technical