Should I start talking to a girl over facebook?
Dating / 5:48 PM - Wednesday June 03, 2009

Hello. Well, back in January, a girl on my campus walked passed me one day and she smiled at me (or so I think) and I smiled at her, to make a long story short. I wanted to talk to her next time I saw her but I never really went and found her again (for their was another girl but that fell through)

Now campus is out and I can't see her until next semester (if at all)

She is a friend on my facebook, just as a network friend cause we go to the same college. I really want to talk to her but talking to her out of nowhere on facebook to a girl I have never talked to in person before seems creepy.

Should I just send her a message saying "Hi, whats up?"
Or should I say something in more detail to show Im trying to scare her?

What should I do? I definitely don't want to come off as a creeper or stalker

- Asked by g3lespaul, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25

do what you think is best for you!

A ";-)"
And a "Tag, you're it" would work for me. I'd send back a "No, you're it..."
Then you'd have a conversation started.

But I'm silly that way.

- Response by pookiedoo, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I'm sorry to tell you this, but unless you can come up with a genuine opening to talk to her, you're pretty much going to come across as Creepy Stalker Dude. If you're still in the same city, you could try throwing a party or something and inviting all of your local friends in hopes that she'll show up. Do you have any mutual friends who would be willing to help bring you two together? Good luck!

- Response by 23rosess, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Comment on her status with something funny or amusing. She might start noticing you more and then you've got your in. Use the tools already on facebook. Send her a drink or poke her. It's easy if you're confident.

- Response by chal08, A Rebel, Male, 29-35

Seriously, you're afraid that a message over Facebook is something too direct?

It's not! It's probably as indirect and non-creepy as you can get.

Don't guys have guts these days and risk anything? ...and they wonder why women pass them by..

- Response by snafu, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Financial / Banking