What happens when you fall in love with the wrong person?
Dating / 2:37 PM - Wednesday June 03, 2009

Care to ellaborate...I am interested in disccusing. This is today's office topic (I overheard the girls in the office discussing it, so I figured that it would be the perfect a/o question).

- Asked by maxxfighter, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Inevitably it will fail....just depends if the person is rational enough to get out before making that mistake. Then again, love is never rational and its more likely that someone will get hurt.

- Response by markus123, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Philadelphia, Managerial

Sooner or later, disaster.

...:)

OH! And if you're really unlucky you'll bear children with the person so they'll always have to be a part of your life until they die...

- Response by georgiagirl404, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25

Move on, I suppose. I mean, love is not enough to stay with someone.

- Response by anonymouspersona, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Miami, Student

You gotta fall OUT of romantic love and try to switch it over to familial/friendly love. It's not a far stretch, but it can be tough. You just can't think of it in terms of giving up the person forever or you'll cling to them.

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Teaching

When you fall in love with the wrong person, you end up getting hurt and end up alone.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

You get married and divorced.

NEXT!!!!! ^_^

You get married and waste 19 years of your life. At least I did.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

What do you mean by falling in love with the wrong person? do you mean that person doesn't feel the same about you or do you mean that person is not right for you. If you fall in love with someone you know will never feel the same way, you can maintain a relationship with this person or for some people it might just be too painful to have a friendship knowing that it will never be more than that. If you fall in love with someone that is not right for you, which has happened to me, is just to walk away, knowing that the sooner the better.

- Response by aliii, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Administrative

You may not have control over attraction but you certainly do make choices when it comes to love...Loving the wrong person is a choice and you want the drama that comes with it. Love takes time to grow but attraction can be instant. Rosey

If it is REAL, TRUE, kind of love...then you could never fall in love with the wrong person, IT WOULDN'T BE CALLED "LOVE". If its not meant to be, its only because the right person is yet to come.

- Response by daysimay, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Well, this has happened to me. A married man at Nike, where I worked at the time, really really 'liked' me. I took the flattery too far. I became obsessed with him, even giving his children gifts for Christmas. In a nutshell, he ended up hating me, gave his wife my phone number. She called and chewed me out. Big trouble.

- Response by kimberlyzen, A Sportif, Female, 36-45, Technical

...like someone before said - you have to really define what the wrong person is? Either they are family and that's just gross or you are in love with someone that doesn't love you or lastly you can't be with them bc they are already in a relationship/marriage.

- Response by melisalc, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35

drop him and find someone whom you do not consider being mr wrong

you curse the day you were born! haha

- Response by deplou122, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Miami, Law Enforcement

We fall in love with people at different times in our lives and for different reasons. Usually it's because of some traits that we admire in the other person and would like to see in ourselves. Sometimes it's because we do see some of our own traits in that person and feel some comfort. But in either case, we all grow and change and perhaps that person does not fit what we would like now (and vice versa.) But never does it mean we fell in love with the wrong person. There was a reason we fell in love with that person. Maybe there were red flags and signs that should have told us not to be with that person, but we had a reason that we thought was good enough at the time to continue on. So, instead of blaming the other person essentially and trying to say they're not the "right person," maybe we should take a look at ourselves and ask what we are offering to the situation. Are we making an effort to be "the right" person either? No one makes us do anything.

- Response by sweetievee, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

You have to live with it. That is if you have integrity and were serious about your marriage vowels.

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?

i guess you either make the best of it..there is nothing wrong with that.
or
move on to something else...there is nothing wrong with that either.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

after you move on, you realize that they weren't the right person for you, and it helps you realize what you are looking for in a man, and what you're not.

- Response by jess_412, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Medical / Dental

perfect question and perfect timing. i believe you can end up hurt emotionaly or physically if not dead. Mys sister is a perfect example of dating the wrong person. her so called boyfriend denied being the father to her baby, beats her, threatens to kill her, takes her money and only shows up when he wants some "companion". we've allllll told her he's bad news form the very beganing, but she likes it because its the forbidden thing. the one thing everyone tells her she cant change. ii just hope she opens her eyes soon.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

Me and my girlfriend got into a huge fight and decided to take things easy for a while, next day I am told I have to travel to an out of state job site for about a month. So me and my girlfriend decide to take the month apart.

While I was gone she fell in love with another guy. When I came back we both realized we loved each other and wanted to be with each other forever, but she still loved this other guy and just couldn't let him go. Every time she tried to break up with him, she couldn't do it.

That girlfriend is now my wife and that guy is still in our life because she still loves him as well.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I guess I would be in love but not necessarily act on that love because I know I shouldn't. If I act on that love, in essence it would be selling my soul to the devil (my own ego gratification) and usually in the end it wouldn't work.

- Response by chalulla, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami, Therapist

You don't know it at first. You think everything is perfect and that is your first mistake. Perfection does not exist. So you do everything you can to make it work. But nothing helps. So you see when it is time to leave. When that time comes he begs you to stay. He never said that before so why now?? Hard when it is you that has to walk away. Is it easier to be left or to leave??? Not sure. Girls always remember their first love.

Love is Love. Love cant be that wrong if your in love with the person. There has to be something good about that person if you fell in love with that person. I fell in love with someone I didnt think was right for me and it turned out he was the best thing in my life. Give the person more credit they can surprise you. Peaceout.

- Response by angeldust1982, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?

You learn from your mistake and try not to fall to hard the next time. Give it more time to make sure it's real.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28