Anyone ever go on a singles cruise alone?
Dating / 10:05 PM - Tuesday June 02, 2009

sounds like fun. my single friends can't go cuz of work or they can't afford it. I'm dying to take a cruise but have noone to go with. Would it seem too wierd if I went alone? I was thinking even single people probably go with other friends. I hear they pair up people for dinner on singles cruises and plan alot of things to do. Also, I'm 48 and was wondering if it would be full of younger people. Would prefer an older group. But not too old! (35 -55)

- Asked by sweetybirdrt, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

There is nothing wrong with going alone. It may be even better, not having to wonder or worry what your friends are up to. I have often thought about doing something like this if I ever got the opportunity.

- Response by anonymouspersona, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Miami, Student

I have never been on a cruise before: if wanted to meet somebody new and different than I would go by myself for that reason. I wouldn't want to go with the 20 somethings 'cause they aren't in my age group not to say I have something against it but it would be like hangin' with my daughters' friends. There are cruises that are targeted towards different ages, lifestyles and etc, I would search the 'net.

- Response by bboppie, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

Pack your bags, schedule your vacation days! Yes, I have gone on 3 - count 'em 3 cruises alone and had a great time! I went alone on a Singles Cruise and was 'matched' up with another woman for a roommate on a Norwegian Cruise Line and we had a great time - she was my same age and it was her first cruise and we went because her 'boyfriend' (don't ask, but she was projecting a LOT there) 'didn't feel like it'. My second 'single cruise was on a Windjammer sailboat - also a blast. I met another woman my age and we actually did another cruise together. Traveling alone is great for a woman! Cruise personnel 'take care of you' - there is often an assistant cruise director in charge of making sure the singles meet and socialize, there are other adventureous single woman to pal with, and you choose what 'port trips' you want to take without compromising with your 'group' or traveling companion.
One thing, I was not looking for the great love of my life so if you are I can't speak to that. I can tell you that if you are looking for a romantic interlude, that is available....I also know a guy who met his wife on a cruise! She from Calif, he from Ohio and a year later she moved to Ohio, so never say never. I know another young woman who went on a 1 week cruise and on arrival discovered a huge amoount of the ship was populated by Firemen (singles and married with their families, etc.)from across the USA. Her bar tab at the end of the week was $3.75 TOTAL. She was pampered and cared for (by the guys) and protected from the wolves (by the wives). Do your research, I went before the Internet but now there are LOTS of site and info for Women Traveling Alone in search engines.
Book It, arrange a ride to and from the airport and GO! Your men friends will see you with new eyes, and your girl friends will be JEALOUS!
If I had the cash I'd go again!!!

- Response by eve2, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Executive

I'll go with you. I'm married but my wouldnt care.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, New Orleans, Transportation

want me to go with you?

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I did! I wish you have a better experience. I was watching people touching, kissing hugging etc. There were very few people alone. Well, it was not embracing but it told me very loudly that I am alone alone alone alone. I was thinking about me ex all the way as we were together once there and I was stiff like a stone. Why I didn't kiss him! why I didn't hug him................. I cannot see people anymore