Marijuana creating "Loss Of Appetite"..ANOMALY???
Diet & Health / 4:43 PM - Sunday May 31, 2009

Since it's illegal, I feel uncomfortable putting this on the internet.
But I TRULY need some answers.
I smoke marijuana for medical purposes for Chronic Lyme Disease.Since I started smoking it a few months ago.I immediately noticed I lost my appetite.(Which I'm not complaining about since I've been losing alot of weight,slowly)
I've asked everyone I know and the've told me I'm an unique.But it's goes against all logic to believe I'm alone.
Does anyone out there have the Loss of Appetite, like I do?

- Asked by sarabellum, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

Like you I smoke marijuana for medical purposes, chronic lame disease. lol

It has been my experience that smoking marijuana INCREASES appetite. In my case and every one else that I've known who smoked we've all have gotten a case of "the munchies". We've smoked a little then gotten the urge to snack. Usually for something salty, crunchy and cheesy. Some have a greater will power and have been able to resist the urge to pig out but we've all felt the craving for snacks.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

There are three major strains of marijuana Cannabis sativa L., Cannabis indica Lam., and Cannabis ruderalis Janisch. Each has it's own effects, so you should consult a pharmacist. Talking about it is not illegal, and if you call one in a state where Medicinal usage is legal, no one will even care about you asking.

- Response by thetrekhippy, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I smoked Marujuana as a teenager, I got really skinny even though i had the munchies at times. I think smoking suppresses your appetite and marujuana makes your appetite go away when you are not smoking.

- Response by royaljane, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Cape Town, Self-Employed

i know one boy that smokes the stuff for pleasure and he also says it helps his back pain...he eats a lot but what i mean a lot and never gains weight maybe this has something to do with it he is very thing too...

i think you would need to ask a Doctor or specialist..

- Response by nenahere, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

Not all drugs work the same on everyone. Sounds like this is your side effect for you given the disease you have that can cause a loss of appetite and overrules the "muchie" factor of the marijuana.

At first, when I'm the highest......I'm not at all hungry. But after a while, the high subsides and then i get the munchies. Not like I get super hungry or anything but want to snack on something.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 66 or older, Consulting

Most people eat more when they smoke it

i don't know about any LOSS of appetite, but i do know it's THE best medicine around to take away aches and pains, depression, lack of motivation. too.

anyone who says they get lazy when they smoke and don't want to do anything, is lazy to begin with.

keepin it real!!!~

- Response by Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

How much does an ounce go for? I'll wire you the money.

- Response by jadealso1, Female, 56-65, Administrative

After over 30 years of smoking, I find that if you have had a break from smoking and go back, MUNCHIES. After I re-adjust to a regular flow, i don't eat. Its not good because I end up with dehydration. Drink Lots OF Water

- Response by raynejoy, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Sacramento

YEEESSSSS!!!!!!!! I JUST GOOGLED THIS AND YOUR QUESTION POPPED UP... I eat tooons when i smoke, but if i try to stop smoking i can't eat anymore and i start losing weight.. which is bad for me because i bodybuild. So basically im addicted to it because i don't know how to keep my appetite from going away.

- Response by A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, San Antonio

I am in the same boat, I have Lyme's Disease I haven't smoked on a daily basis for years until recently, I have had a total loss of appetite since I started smoking everyday, I am never hungry now, I dunno but I am a little overweight so its all good.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Artist / Musician / Writer

I ate some "funny" cookies couple of weeks ago, and as you, I loss my appetite, was kind of freaking out a little, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I used to eat a lot, now I eat very little and remain full for the day, sometimes I even forget to eat, but I haven't notice any weight loss yet, I hope I can see the changes soon!

- Response by lattacrapola, Female, 36-45

I am also a user of weed, ive been smoking for a long time now and i am at the age of 18, i used to smoke for fun, like going to the movies hella high with my girlfriend. But anyways she ended up quiting while i kept smoking... lately ive loosing weight, i used to weigh a good 160, i was a bit chunky but healthy, now ima skinny son of a bitch and i cant quit smoking... because i used to smoke for everything, like smoking before i went to sleep n shit because u sleep like a baby when ur high and it also makes sex better, but i sugest you quit smoking or dont smoke as much. THERES NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO

- Response by Female, 18-21