How do you ask a guy what your relationship status is?
Dating / 12:26 AM - Saturday May 30, 2009

I've been seeing this guy on and off for about a year now and things are going really great. The only reason we are "on-off" is because I attend school out of state, so we get together when I'm back home. It's not to say we don't talk all the time while I'm away or exchange "I miss you's," but every time I'm back, I always get the feeling like this could be so much more... the butterflies, the whole nine yards. He has however, explicitly told me that we could be together if I didn't live so far away. My friends keep telling me I need to know exactly where he and I stand before I keep on getting attached, but I have no idea how to bring that up when I kind of already know the answer... that we can't be boyfriend-girlfriend. Any thoughts or advice?

It seems to me that until YOU finish school, which puts YOU back in a geographically desireable place, this is a moot point.

You are presently not in a position to solidify anything. You go to school out of state. Unless you are leaving something out of your post, that is not changing.

I suggest you enjoy what you presently have and when you are out of school and back in your old neighborhood again, then would be the right time to find out how he feels.

Would coming to the point and asking him be too difficult to do?

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed