Where can i meet a nice man, except dating site?
Dating / 7:09 AM - Friday May 29, 2009

where can i meet a nice man, except dating site?

i am single because i can't find a good man to settle down with.

i don't want to meet man online, because i like to communicate face to face, not photos. lol..

- Asked by tracybut, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Managerial

there's always social networking (asking your friends and friends of friends and so on). and then there's specific places depending on the type of guy you want. if you want a professional, go to lunch places around medical and tech centers. if you want a sports guy, go to sports bars and gyms. if you want a quiet reader, go to libraries, book stores and such.

The newer place to meet other singles are wine-tasting parties. You mix about and have conversation. If that does not interest you there is always volunteering for things that inspire you (as well as others) and meeting someone there.

You are to be commended for your ideals...face-to-face may seem old fashioned now days--but I still think it's the best way.

Good luck on your quest! =0)

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Veterinary

I always go for the more educated one's. I find them in coffee houses and bookstores (when there is an author signing a book). Oh and I like handymen too (home improvement shows). You got to go where their interest's lie.

- Response by solstess, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Detroit, Artist / Musician / Writer

Many places, I've had four serious relationships and one was a neighbour, the next a friend of friends, then I met one through internet dating and the current one I met at a concert. Just be social, do things with others, and somewhere a nice guy will pop up.

- Response by klaxometro, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Very seldom will you find a keeper in a bar or nite club.Those guys are just looking for sex and no commitment.
Try church,,health spa,,sporting events,,and even large grocery store.
Good hunting!!

- Response by randolph, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

I met my wife through friends at a party, so probably any place where you can open up and be yourself completely. Often times if you are a open person, you will attract others on your own without hardly any effort.

- Response by dreamguide66, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Technical

yo i can hook u up.

1-489-727-3223

- Response by dawwwg, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 29-35

There are alot of good men out there. Join groups, volunteer, take courses, and let your friends and family know you are looking..Expand your network and you should be able to find a good man. Good luck to you. Rosey

I think if you were go and hang out at the local gentleman's club, you would find a large number of good men. And these men are more then ready to settle down with a good woman. In fact, thats why they are there, looking for a good women to adore and cherish. I would encourage you to dress up nicely, and go visit a local establishment.

- Response by neatohguy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Charlotte, Technical

:) Yet, here you are, on an online site, asking where to go? I kid, I kid.

Your ability to find a "nice man" or "good man" may be limited by what you are dubbing good and nice before geting to know someone. I don't know personally, since I've never met you, but it's something to consider. Also, the easiest way to make youorself visibly available when you're out. Many women don't realize this, but they tend to exude a "piss-off" feeling when they are sitting, which intimidates all but the most annoying or assinine men. Simply softening your look, smiling more, making it more inviting for potential mates to approach goes a long way.

- Response by doom2ruler, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Technical

You're missing out by not participating on-line. Stud Muffin found me over 3 1/2 years ago. Best relationship I've ever been in.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

First figure out what a nice guy /good man means to you and target areas he would likely hang out.

If you want a drunk go to a bar.
If you want a partier, go to parties.
If you want someone giving go to a volunteer event.
If you want someone you are compatable with re look at your friends with a hey why not eye.
If you want someone religious go to church.
Get help from those around you. One of the most brilliant stories I ever heard was a girl who complained about only finding insensitive jerks to her grandmother. Granny told her to dress nicely and be at her door in an hour.
Granny went shopping bough too much and a nice guy helped her carry the grocreies home, in the 3 block walk granny had effectively interviewed him. They get to door and grand daughter helps the rest of the way guy gets invited in for a thank you drink, and chat with her.

We're the same, I don't think much of online dating, not that it's bad or anything, just not my thing. You can do something that is of dual purpose for you, like join activities (seminars, tours/trips, etc.) that interest you and at the same time provides the possibility for you to meet men, which most likely shares your interest. One of the best ways to know someone is seeing how he interacts with other people, other than yourself, so that would also help you in deciding if you'd consider him as your possible special someone.

- Response by simplyasking, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

How about going out with co-workers and having everybody bring some friends? That way there isn't too much pressure to spend time with just one person. I would also suggest getting out and doing things from being on a sports team, doing art, volunteering where you are almost forced to meet new people.

- Response by tenjay, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Administrative

when you find out, let us know... :0/

I've tried both online dating and social networking(asking friends, family to introduce me) and to be honest, I rather prefer the social networking more because not only do I get to meet a lot of nice guys, I also have the opportunity to get to know them better as opposed to online dating where you can't really talk or 'see' the person...where I've met the most guys was by getting out and going to rodeos, wrestling matches, truck shows and anywhere that guys like to hang out and have fun...I met my current guy at a rodeo and we've been together for nearly 10 months and it's actually surprised me because I never would have thought that it would be so much fun...also volunteering for charity organizations also helps you find some great guys as well...:D

My place, 10pm tonight ;)

Or.. if you live in a reasonably larger metro area, you should check out Meetup.com and get involved in some of the activity groups there.

I co-run several groups in the NYC area, and it's a great way to meet new people that share your interests. There are dating groups, recreational groups, professional groups, hobby groups, you name it..

It's a great way to network with new people and expand your social network. In order to meet new men to date, you have to actually get out there and MEET them!

And what better way, then to meet people doing things you enjoy, and they enjoy also? It's a great ice-breaker and you already have something in common.

I know several couples that got together because they met at Meetup events.

Give it a shot.. it's fun!

go into mens restrooms and write your phone number in red lipstick on the mirror.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative