I know men never actually grow up, but at what age do you think they actually start to mature?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:04 PM - Thursday May 28, 2009

Or does that also never happen? haha

- Asked by amongyong, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Retired

I know an old guru that would disagree with your post.

He says: All women aren't psychos............just most of them.

^>^

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

We never "mature"; we just give in to our women....

- Response by bytor, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

Some men actually do grow up but there is always the little boy inside of him. The irresponsibility isn't an age thing..you have some 40 year olds that are less mature than 20 year old too. Be selective. Rosey

im still waiting to... i am only 72

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

When they are in heaven's waiting room...

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Veterinary

I think when they hit their 40's, they finally come out of their comatose state and find they have teen-agers...and it REALLY hits them that they're all grown up!!!

Let me see, I am 61, bought a new Motorcycle....a tent and a sleeping bag..must be after 61 if ever.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

guys are strange... i've met 22 year old guys that acted like they were 60 and 40 year old guys that acted 15.... i think most guys start to mature around 33.....

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Technical

Men mature after a woman has broken their heart for one. And usually by 32 years of age you will see a big difference in any man. Their job, experiences has everything to do with it to. If a man has always had his mother or someone else do everything for him then he would be a very tough case. But as long as the man treats people good and stays out of trouble,etc. then I would consider him a good guy.

- Response by cobanlacepc, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

OMG...really?
How do you know? There are so many mature men and many immature ones too...it really just depends on their lifestyle, upbringing, and their own personal choice.

My 16 year old son is more mature then many men my age.

- Response by divatoonami, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Administrative

I think that men actually do start to mature when they start to get more responsibilities. It shows somewhat when they move out on their own and have to start paying their own bills.

It shows even more when they get married.

Add a child to that and it can be seen even more so, until he starts to act like that child most of the time. This becomes a good outlet for him and also a good excuse.

Then they reach that middle age stage and they feel that they are due some time off for good behavior, or just by making it this far in life and working hard. This is when they find ways to reward themselves and they start to regress as far as maturity goes. It is downhill from here.

When they get up in years they pretty much need someone to tell them what to do or they are totally lost. Just look around sometimes and you will see.

Of course all of this is based on your average man. I guess most men aren't average on the whole so this is all just BS. They are too unpredictable. Go figure.

Best of luck in finding what you seek~Thundergrl

- Response by thundergrl, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

You show your own immaturity in this post...thanks for clearing that up for us.

My understanding is men are generally about 7 years behind women on the curve of "maturation" rate as understood currently ( I can't remember the reference for this to post it) and this "maturation" has to do with social and emotional/empathetic concerns rather than logical ability.

I think it should be said though that men are naturally more rational creatures and are much better at excluding extraneous information and focusing on what in really important in a decision. This is because of testosterone which makes a person think in a much more linear purely logical way. This is very good for decision making, especially under pressure. This of course served a specific purpose when men hunted in groups etc which is why men have much better coordination, spatial and logistic skills than women do.

Women on the other hand think in a much more holistic way are much more emotionally driven. To explain this with more clarity it should be noted that women are much better at empathy in decision making. This is because women are much more concerned about emotional content. Now emotional content and empathy are severe disadvantages in the decision making process in survival situations, however emotional content and empathy are advantages in social situations, which is why women outperform men in social arena... ( and why women talk to much, because they have alot of emotional content to convey).

It is this lack of emphasis on emotional content and empathy in a man's decision making process, that leads the common misconception among women that men are inherently less "mature" than they are. This is of course is a misconception since the man is generally in fact acting in a much more purely logical way. This in fact is exactly why almost anyone if they are honest if given the choice between being in a life and death situation where decision making is critical with a man vs a woman, will almost always choose a man, because instinctively they know the men will be much more logical under pressure and less prone to emotional breakdown due to wasting mental real estate with useless emotional content (at least in a survival situation).

In conclusion I would like to say two more things... mens challenges in persueing logical action involve overcome physical urges, and a womans challenger involve overcoming emotional urges (this is an over-simplication but true none the less). Women think that because men fail mainly due to physical urges that they are less mature than women are.... that is utter crap, and I have dispelled that above. The other thing I would like to say is that this comment came from the mind of linear logical thinking testosterone driven 30 year old male, you women truly need to give men far more credit and respect than you do, because it is FACT that men having saving womens asses ever since the days of cave dwellers from dangers such as predators, and this was done through linear logical mental process free from emotional content. So ladies dont knock the way mens minds work... it saves your ass al the time and we as species would most like not be here if men were not linear thinkers.... according to Jayz... "where is the love ?!?!??!?!?!", y'all hating on us for no reason

- Response by diosan, A Creative, Male, 29-35

Women on the other hand think in a much more holistic way and are much more emotionally driven. To explain this with more clarity it should be noted that women are much better at empathy in decision making. This is because women are much more concerned about emotional content. Now emotional content and empathy are severe disadvantages in the decision making process in survival situations, however emotional content and empathy are advantages in social situations, which is why women outperform men in social arena... ( and why women talk to much, because they have alot of emotional content to convey).

It is this lack of emphasis on emotional content and empathy in a man's decision making process, that leads the common misconception among women that men are inherently less "mature" than they are. This is of course is a misconception since the man is generally in fact acting in a much more purely logical way. This in fact is exactly why almost anyone if they are honest if given the choice between being in a life and death situation where decision making is critical with a man vs a woman, will almost always choose a man, because instinctively they know the men will be much more logical under pressure and less prone to emotional breakdown due to wasting mental real estate with useless emotional content (at least in a survival situation) apart from being physically stronger. Women generally turn to men when seeking rational logical advice free from emotional blurring... think about it.... and you will see what i mean, this would not be so if they really thought us men were as immature as many women are fond of pretending they do.

In conclusion I would like to say two more things... mens challenges in persuing logical action involve overcome physical urges, and a womans challenges involve overcoming emotional urges (this is an over-simplication but true none the less). Women think that because men fail mainly due to physical urges that they are less mature than women are.... that is utter crap, and I have dispelled that above. The other thing I would like to say is that this comment came from the mind of linear logical thinking testosterone driven 30 year old male. You women truly need to give men far more credit and respect than you do, because it is a FACT that men have been saving womens asses ever since the days of cave dwellers from dangers such as predators, and this was done through linear logical mental process free from emotional content. So ladies dont knock the way mens minds work... it saves your ass all the time, and we as species would most likely not be here if men were not linear thinkers.... according to Jayz... "where is the love ?!?!??!?!?!", y'all hating on us for no reason.

P.S I know women are fond of pointing out grammatical errors in otherwise perfectly logically rational arguments. So let me just say that I aware there are spelling and grammar issues, but that I am certain these in no way take away from the validity of the air tight statements I have made.

Everyone enjoy your day
peace

P.S I know often times people try to discredit a logical argument based on grammatical and spelling errors... so let me say I am aware of them in this comment and that I am sure they take nothing away from the merit of this post