My boyfriend broke up with me, and i want him back how?
Dating / 3:31 AM - Thursday May 28, 2009

my boyfriend broke up after being together for 1,5 years. we never cheated on eachother. and we still love eachother. we make eachother very happy. and i dont know what to do, i really miss him even tho its been only 4 days. it feels like 4 years. he said its not about me but about how he feels in life at this moment. he sais he needs to sort things out, and that he will come back to me when hes happy again. he has much problems, and stress. he has exams next week. and maybe everything is getting too much for him. but i always gave him his space. and now the thing is. he has fangirls. and that must sound weird, but on his school there are allot of unattractive girls who keep hanging, and hugging him. he tries to keep em away. is there any chance i can make him come back to me sooner? hes my world. and i just need him. he was even talking about taking me to italy. on the day after he broke up. and we were kissing and hugging. like nothing changed. i really need him back, please help me. i dont know what to do.

- Asked by stelladark, An Alternative Girl, Female, 18-21, Artist / Musician / Writer

This is a very tough and hurtful situation. I am so so sorry to hear this. All I can tell you is that some men do need time, and some do come back, but not right away. They have to go and miss you first. A lot of exes reunite over the holidays, because of the emotions that come up. It is hard to know what will be in this situation. But, I have found that if men think you "need" them too much, sometimes they lose interest. You should continue with your life and a break from him, and if he misses you and come sback, then it is meant to be. AGain, sending you HUGS !

- Response by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

My lady something sounds very funny about this. You are together for 1.5 years and now your boyfriend comes and say that its over because he needs space, what a buch of crap , one thing if he is under a lot of stress he will need something stable in his life and that was you??Why are you letting him hold all the cards and teling you to wait for him and when he's ready he will come back to you!! What a freakin Ego that you have created by being loving and good to him>> remember its his loss and not yours and you have to understand that you are a important part of his life and right now that isnt so , never be taken for granted or be second to no-one and you are just that right now second?????Be patient and a new love will come your way and he will love you, all of you without any conditions and you will be happy and this guy now I wouldn't give him the time of day anymore . He did this not you so dont ever give any man that much control over you again?? You deserve much better.

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

give im time and space he seem overwhelmed right now, but let him know you are there.

- Response by dreampaws, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Denver, Other Profession

Maybe after school is over and summer vacation begins, you and him will have plenty of time to get back together and get to know each other a bit better and mature some. Sounds like both of you need to grow up some....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

When a person is stressed out he doesn't break up, sweetie, he asks you to be patient and understanding for time being. What he pulled is BS, and I agree with others that he wants to have you on the string and have his "single" life on the side too. My ex tried to do the exact thing even though he was 42 y.o. He broke up with me by saying that he lost something inside and he needs to find that "person" again. However, even now he keeps e-mailing, sending gifts on special occassions and saying he still loves me and misses me. What a liar! If I had waited for him I'd have lost 2-3 years. By the way, 3 months after he broke up he called and told me he was thinking of getting married and I said "good luck, darling!"... he never married... lol
you're young and very attractive, you'll meet someone special later and you will be happy that you didn't get stuck with a looser like your ex.
Listen to older people, we've got experience! ;)

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession