Why doesn't my man get turned on by any of the "cosmo-approved" moves?
Dating / 2:30 PM - Wednesday May 27, 2009

why doesn't my man get turned on by any of the "cosmo-approved" moves?

I've tried almost everything in this magazine on my man but nothing seems to happen. n i know im doing it right, is there something wrong with him?

Update: May 28, 2009.
thank u guys for ur responses, yeah i'll just go n talk to my man...that seems to be the easiest n the best option...its just that ive been a religious cosmo reader since i was 13! so yeah...but at the end of the day its just a load of crap we enjoy reading:) thank u!

- Asked by mimi2411, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Los Angeles

LMAO you'll get alot farther if you be yourself and find out what your man likes by trial and error rather than reading and trying to be a sex star from cosmo..REALLY!

- Response by swemur1, A Creative, Female, 46-55

I think the issue may be more than just "he's bored with all my bedroom moves".

Talk to him. He may be stressed out at work and just be tired.

- Response by snafu, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Financial / Banking

Cosmo is a joke....IJS... I came across my bother's ex's pile of them the other day and my buddies and I had a good laugh at the articles they advertised on the cover. "Get the ring you want..." and the sort. All that mag does is teach women to play games that get them no where.

It's the "Cosmo moves" BS... It's written by women that supposedly "know it all" for women that are insecure about their own ability to make him happy in the bedroom. Just talk to him. Listen to him and not Cosmo. Don't be afraid to experiment or try something he suggests. Any person will know what they like more accurately than some shlump in a NY office trying to sell copy.

.......try some "Hustler-approved" moves instead.

....save the cosmo crap for your girlfriends

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Like you, I would be highly concerned if my man did not get turned on easily.
I would wonder "am I doing something wrong"?
I have made love to one man for years and it doesn't take much to get him turned on...just the site of a woman undressing should do something.
It sounds like you are attempting to learn and you want to please him, yet you say, "nothing seems to happen".
(and you are so young! I assume he is too, so you would not be dealing with issues that older men may have).
Is there the possibility he is gay?
What have you tried?

- Response by gettingstronger, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I think your reading the wrong magazine. Cosmo is written by women for God sakes. Dont take advise from other women about men. Take advise from men. Ask men you know or better yet - Ask your man. Im sure he has some ideas to share with you about what he likes..... He is without a doubt your best bet for kn owing what works and doesnt.

- Response by raceygirl, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

No, there's nothing wrong with your man, you on the other hand, I'm a little worried. :) Stop reading that junk! As you can see, it don't work! We don't even seem to realize the amount of influence the media has on us, and how readily we accept its influences to be the truth.

I'll tell you why it's not working on him. Looking at the cover of most beauty magazines, you'll find that many of their titles run along the lines of "top ten must haves this summer" or even "101 ways to get your man hot." In the mind of a regular teenager or anyone for that matter, this is just the usual format of a magazine. However, these articles are actually persuading you that there is a need for such products and tips.

Now that you know some of Cosmo (and most mass media magazines) strategies you're more equipped. Those tips may have worked on "one" person and now they think their an expert on what gets YOUR man hot. Listen, individuality is in; stereotypes are out! Think of your own creative ways to turn your man on. They might work and they might not. What do you have to lose? You actually saving ..... about 4 bucks a month not buying Cosmo.

- Response by sugarlump, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

LMAO umm i'm sorry but as a man, I would have to say that Cosmo is rarely right when it comes to the "100 ways to turn your man on" list.. and even when they are right, there only right for a few select men..

Trust me if you want to know what your man likes, i suggest you just ask him instead of relying on a magazine to run your relationship.

Good Luck

- Response by aon007, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Salt Lake City, Science / Engineering

Probably because you're dealing with a flesh-and-blood MAN and not some ideal conjured up to sell magazine.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

Lol, Cosmo tells you crap to sell their magazines! Okay, now I readily admit I'm a Cosmo subscriber myself, but you have to take EVERYTHING you get (from newspapers, magazines, your friends, online, etc.) with a grain of salt and a dash of common sense. Cosmo is not the be all end all, and it's not written for every relationship. The best way to know what works is to try things out and talk to your partner; find out what feels good to him, find out what he likes, etc.