Do vitamins increase your appetite?
Diet & Health / 9:47 AM - Wednesday May 27, 2009

do vitamins increase your appetite?

a client told me that, and i googled it, and have found no real proof for/against this. HELP!

- Asked by simba8231, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

I think vitamins are an 'assistant' to your diet and give you what you may be lacking if you don't eat healily all the time. We don't alway get what we need from food when we eat on the fly.

I do not see how they could. Vitamins are only supplements for the nutrients your body should be getting. They might increase how efficiently your metabolism works, but thats a long shot.

- Response by ratbrat98, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Student

They may, but that's really not a bad thing as long as your eating healthy food. Contrary to popular belief, when workng out and trying to lose weight/gain muscle, you need to eat MORE not less to reach this goal.

fanny.

- Response by fanny500, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

Never heard of that. Doesn't make sense that it would be true

- Response by almostcoolmom4, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, New York, Other Profession

Vitamins can't increase your appetite. All a multivitamin does is provide you with nutrients that you may be missing in your diet. Because it does not do anything to your body chemistry, it can't change your appetite.

- Response by inconsequential, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

I've never heard of them increasing your appetite. But my bro-in-law, a Dr., told me to take vitamins in the morning - taken before bed, they can cause insomnia. Also, unless a Dr. tells you different, never, ever take "Mega" Doses of any one particular vitamin or multi-vitamin. A simple One-a-Day is good. As a young woman, make sure there is iron & calcium in any multi vitamin w/ minerals that you choose to take.

Hope this helped!
Best, Familygal/Debbie

- Response by familygal, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession