Is jealousy ever a turn on?
Dating / 9:35 AM - Wednesday May 27, 2009

Is jealousy ever a turn on?

- Asked by nolove4me, A Creative, Female, 26-28

My guy tells me he likes it when girls are jealous, and he says things to me sometimes just to make me mad. He will talk about other girls and sometimes even check them out in front of me. Sometimes it works, but, honestly, sometimes I end up broaching the topic of hot girls myself and check them out, just to surprise him. I think he is more intrigued with me when I act like I'm checking out a girl's butt (kinda taboo)rather than getting all angry about it. However, I realize that creating jealousy is a bit of a his way of maintaining control over the relationship as well. If a guy tries to make you jealous, which he will do, it is a test to see how far you will let him go. A bit of jealousy shows that you care about him, but only you know what is too much for comfort.

- Response by queenofzumba17, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Miami, Fitness

jealousy is definitely a negative.

I suppose it could be. But not when it becomes obsessive.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

Nope.

I would rather they tell me that they are worried they might lose me, and they attempt to woo me again. I find a lover who is always "wooing" me is one I will not fall out of love with. I then spend my time wooing them right back. So Jealousy is NOT a turn on. Its creepy, its controling and its not health in my opinion.

- Response by ratbrat98, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Student

No. And don't let anyone tell you any different. Even a fool of a man will tell you that it's cute, but it'll be the first thing that he hates if he no longer wants to deal with you.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

I don't know, I suppose if you are not the jealous type but something/someone triggered a moment it would seem sweet but having lived through a jealous bf, there is absolutely nothing about jealousy that is a turn on. It shows insecurity, trust issues and destroys happiness.

- Response by turndial, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Student

Sometimes just don't over do it just playful jealousy is fine. Some people have different levels of jealousy where one moght be more jealous than the other. It's all about how much you bothtrust eachother.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

It depends on the amount of jealousy.. Jealousy can be used as a way to see if someone cares about you. People that dont care Do Not get jealous. so yes a little bit of jealousy that shows interest can be a turn on.. However any more than that, which turns into the stalker type jealousy is a total turn off and personally would make me run... Crazy jealous GF that watch your every move is just scary not attractive..

- Response by aon007, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Salt Lake City, Science / Engineering

No, it is a turn off.

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?