How long is the actual sex act supposed to last (I am talking penetration)?
Sex & Intimacy / 11:14 AM - Friday May 22, 2009

Past bfs have only lasted a couple of minutes. A friend told me it is supposed to last hours. I don't believe it. So what is the average? Is a couple of minutes too short? Is it me, am I doing something wrong?

Dont let people kid you,.The averrage is 3-7 minutes.That is the #,most guys can last.Sure there are times,it can go longer.But then guys brag,and are FULL OF SHIT!
Remember,the final penatration,is the last part of a sexual encounter.
Foreplay,is so important,for a COMPLETE encounter.
Feeling a womens body,is such a beautiful experience,that foreplay should be a NO BRAINER!

- Response by baseball751, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65

Hours? LMAO! I'd be telling him to get the hell offa me after 30 minutes. LOL! The reason sex should last hours is because of all the foreplay and oral and other fun predeccessors to the actual "act." If some guy thinks he's going to pound away for hours on me, he's got another thing coming. LMAO! Fuck that. So to speak..

- Response by southjerseygirl, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Wow! I like a guy that flows with me.. I dont like anyone on me for hours, sweating & grinding like a barbarian! But i dont want 2 minutes either!!!!! I'm down with a quickie here & there, before work or whatever.. But no one can answer this for you, because it depends on what YOU like..

- Response by sexeebaby, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

13 seconds.

No, but really, I've heard the average is probably anywhere from a few minutes to 15-20 minutes. In my humble opinion, a guy has to have an awful lot of control to last longer than about 20 minutes. It just feels too good to hold off longer than that, and to me, it's nearly impossible to last any longer. And actually, why hold off anyway? You can always go again in a few minutes.

- Response by macg, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

12 minutes 27 seconds

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

My bf and I enjoy the act and so i love the fact that he holds out until we are to verge of colapsing because we are so weak.

I would say that the average time of actual penetration would probably be 15-20 minutes. we go longer though... we go for 20-45 minutes on average.

- Response by joent612, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

MOst of the guys I've been with last 5-15 minutes, but Ive had some who last less, and like one or two who lasted 45 minutes or more....no more than an hour and a half though.

fanny.

- Response by fanny500, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Financial / Banking

not hours..you would be sore from all the pumping.
I have no idea the average couple copulates. just do what is best for the both of you.

While my man can last a good long time, if I want him to, I think hours would make me sore. We do have a LOT of foreplay, but usually he lasts about 20 minutes, sex wise, (penis in vagina). A Couple of minutes? Ugh. That must be disappointing!

- Response by nursefromky, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

10 to 15. If we have time two loung arounge we go for round two in 20 to 30 minutes.

Sometimes less - because of her. at times she has a couple of orgasms in the first few minutes and she is done. She just passes out.

- Response by twoweheels, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, New York

Hours? That friend must be throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

- Response by boggob, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government