What exactly about Meth makes your teeth rot out? 3 theories...
Recipes & Entertaining / 3:33 AM - Tuesday May 19, 2009

what exactly about Meth makes your teeth rot out? 3 theories...

What exactly about methamphetamines makes the persons teeth rot out?
Is it the hydrochloric acid that passes by the enamel in the smoke?
OR is it the dry mouth caused by lack of sleep because of tweeking?
OR, this is the nastiest thing I've heard, is it that the chemicals travel through your blood and re-crystallize on the teeth roots and IN the teeth themselves and rot them from the inside out when the chemicals break down and/or expand IN the tooth itself.

Does anyone KNOW for sure?
I USED to do meth. 11times to be exact. I have been clean for nearly 2 years. My dealer MOVED AWAY and I was SMART and never found a new one! Thank god! biggest blessing of my life was THAT friend moving away!
It is HIGHLY addicting and makes you feel sooo wonderful, the engery of a 4 year old all over again, with the intelligence and chores to do of an adult...

can someone PLease answer my question intelligently?

- Asked by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

I am a former addict. The decrease in production of saliva "dry mouth" is what causes your teeth to rot - bacterial growth in the mouth and also causes mouth infections. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank God you got clean this way and please stop thinking about how wonderful it was - that's an illusion. That is a demon that you should be praising God you freed yourself from this easily.

In fact, that movie "withnail and I" is also very good for those who have given up drugs, as the humour is rooted in the squalor of drug-taking life. It certainly motivated me to turn my life around.

- Response by stiffkittenbabelfish, Female, 29-35, Teaching

It's a vaso-constrictor. It shrinks blood vessels and tissue. So the gums suffer.

And tweakers are filthy people sometimes. They just neglect to brush their teeth. Which allows bacteria to flourish of course. So the two combined can produce rapid and massive tooth decay.