My ex maybe wants to hang out... should we?
Dating / 10:12 PM - Monday May 18, 2009

My ex and I broke up in August... we were in love... he's the only guy Ive ever been in love with.. the reason we broke up was because he was going to university and it would be difficult to find time for eachother and it would be longdistance... after the break up we stopped talking because it was awkward, we saw eachother a couple months later but neither of us said hi, I pretended to be on the phone cause I was scared and still had feelings for him. Now it's been almost 5 months since Ive been over him and almost 7 months since I last saw him and about 5months since we last talked but the other day we talked and he asked if I wanted to maybe hang out while he is in town, I said ok sure and he said sweet! Does he want to be just friends or what??

Update: June 13, 2009.
Well we still haven't hung out because he wasn't really in town, just passing through and was in a city just a couple hours away. But he has asked me a few times if I still wanted to hang out and I said ya sure. But now he says that we might not be able to hang out because he is leaving in a couple days even though his facebook says that he is going to be home in 8days. Does he not want to hang out anymore? Or is he leaving early? Should I ask him if he still wants to hang out? Or just wait for him to contact me like before?

Update: May 22, 2009.
Thanks for all the advice guys... but we didnt hang out the day he asked to maybe hang out... but apparently he showed up at my house today, but I wasnt home cuz I was at school and he shud have known that but my mom was home and he told my mom that he was in the neighbourhood visiting a friend when I know he doesnt know anybody in my area and he asked to use our landline when he had his cell... he left because my mom told him I wasnt going to be coming home... why wud he show up at my house??

- Asked by MissA10, A Creative, Female, 22-25

Well it is hard to tell. My advice would be hang out w/ him. Just don't have any particular expectations. Think of it as a nice time to catch up with a good friend. If he expresses that he wants more, then think it through. At least this way if he does just want a friendship you won't scare him away.

- Response by jowren98, A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28, Phoenix, Retail

He wants more sex (or whatever level you were at). Then, he wants to go back to school and look for more girls. You are his "in town" booty call. Don't be mad at me for being honest. It's the truth. Guys don't want a girlfriend when they go off to college -- they want to be single and have a good time. If he can "get some" from you while he is in town -- then he thinks that's "sweet".

- Response by markm, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, San Diego

Long distance is hard but if you truly love someone you will go through every means possible to make the relationship work. Now it seems to me you may still have feelings for him. I mean, you've counted the months since you two last saw each other. My advice would be to move on. Sure he may have played an important part in your life but you can't live in the past. You had some good times but he's not the only guy out there. It seems to me that this boy doesn't know what he wants and doesn't seem to mind whether his bipolarity affects you. Remember, there is someone out there who'd thank his lucky stars to be with a creative gal such as yourself. So why settle for a jerk?

- Response by mariekite50, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Montreal