My hair seems healthy, but it keeps falling out from the root and it seems a bit too much, why?
Style & Beauty / 3:09 PM - Sunday May 17, 2009

Move away from the power company's nuclear reactor.
Like...Far, FAR AWAY! Three Mile Island was No Joke!

could be alopeacia or male pattern baldness. Women experience an all over thinning throughout the crown with male pattern baldness. Alopeacia tends to come on in patches. See a dermatologist to determine what's occuring if your hair fall seems more than typical.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

that's not good. you have to go to the doctor to get it check. the only thing that i know that causes that is that it's a side effect of a medication that you're taking.

Go to the doctor and get your thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism is a common cause of hair loss in women, and it is extremely *extremely* common among women your age. (I have it, I was diagnosed in my early 30s.)

I have the SAME problem...My son went to hair cutting school and he tells me that its perfectly normal and it always seems like "too much" to me..

But its really a normal amount that falls out!! He said that I "focus too much" and "worry too much" and thats why it "seems" like there is sooo much coming out!! lol

Its important to drink water and eat right and your hair should be fine...In the spring time its normal to "shed" some hair...lol Its easier said than done. I worry too......lol

Good luck!!

- Response by jackie1966, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Well if you're a blonde or do not have naturally dark hair, this could be perfectly normal. Blonder shades lack the courser cuticle that other hair colors and textures have that keep it from falling or being pulled out so easily and therefore, it tends to be thinner.

Alternatively this can be a sign of poor nutrition. Make sure you're eating well and taking a daily multi-vitamin. Also, be sure that you're not stressing your hair by brushing too harshly when it's tangled or wet. Always start at the ends and work your way up.

Good luck!!!!

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Could be from stress, try taking folic acid vitamins. It makes ur hair healthier...

- Response by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

Take some vitamins.

- Response by mattskaaaa, A Couch Potato, Male, 22-25, Student

It could be your diet, but if that doesn't work, probably best to see a doctor and make sure it's nothing serious.

- Response by stiffkittenbabelfish, Female, 29-35, Teaching

are you anemic?if your thyroid is low that can cause your hair to fall out also, i would go to the doctor and tell him. see what he says.have a good evening,hope this helped.

- Response by memaw58, Female, 46-55, Home Maker