Does porn and masturbating to porn relieve stress?
Sex & Intimacy / 7:04 PM - Saturday May 16, 2009

Does watching porn videos and masturbation releive stress for guys? Mine is going over seas and says he may need to watch some videos. He said it was either videos or another girl. He tells me the girls in the videos mean nothing and he would be thinking about me, not them. I am having a hard time believing that. Can he really mean that? Can he really jack off to other girls and not think about them but think about me instead?

He ain't thinking about anyone...he's just thinking about pussy. LOL

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

He said it was either videos or another girl!?!? I'd be pissed if my man said that to me.

But my boyfriend watched porn while I was away and I didn't really like the idea of it. I just think porn is gross and fake. But he said he was thinking of me the whole time, which I personally think is just worse. lol. It's like, "So you were looking at some fake slut and thinking of me? And I'm supposed to be okay with that?"

To me its just like...if you want to masturbate and think of ME, why do you need porn? I have tried to understand it...but I just don't.

- Response by itsbrittanybitch4, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Student

I don't think porn and stress relief have much to do with each other. Sexual tension, yes, but I've never felt any less stressed after spanking to porn. Now, if I were in a committed relationship, I would much prefer my partner looking at porn than having sex with another person. People can look at porn and have their heart still with their partner. But, the fact that he's said "it's that or another woman" does ring alarm bells for me. Without knowing him, I can't make any further judgement on the matter, though.

- Response by ryanthegreatarj, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

Yes it really does relieve "stress"... both sexual tension from not having had an orgasm for a while and just stress from life hassles. He probably will be thinking about you for some part of the experience, but he will be getting off seeing the women in the porn video.

However, there will be no "comparing" you to the porn actresses. Most of us guys realize that porn actresses are just that - actresses! When we think about who we'd RATHER be with, it will be our SO - and that's you! Porn is merely a tool to get the necessary relief.

It really boils down to a need that has to be addressed in whatever way is possible so the stress doesn't become a force that interferes with the job he has to do while away from you.

BTW - I suggest you be prepared for a very aroused BF when he gets back!

Been there, done that

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

for god's sake porn is just an arousing materials usually employed for masturbatory purposes only. when he says he will be thinking of you he is not lying, stop trying to make it seem like its worst than it really is

- Response by cjwahl, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

At least he's not going to cheat on your or something.

Porn is harmless. Too much of it is bad but it's not like you are there to be intimate with him.

He'll need a release.

- Response by desota18, A Creative, Male, 22-25, Self-Employed