Why do guys act really interested one minute then cold when you respond?
Dating / 4:09 AM - Saturday May 16, 2009

why do guys act really interested one minute then cold when you respond?

this guy is always really helpful at his place of business and acts really nice and attentive there but won't call me or e-mail me

He may not have romantic interest in you. Many men - especially at their palce of business - are very personable and friendly. I think you misunderstood his intentions.

- Response by agesago, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Transportation

well, if youre in his place of business as a consumer/client, if have to say its prolly cause he wants your business, not necessarily cause he wants to give you some business, know what i mean?

- Response by maleficpresence, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Technical

Looks like you're gonna have to call him.

...:)

Maybe for him...you are all about business...

I'm very nice to everyone where I work...but not overly much away from work...know what I mean?

He is doing his job in a professional manner. That includes being friendly and civil. But, that does not mean that he has personal feelings for you, or wants to jump your bones.

We women need to get to a place where we can be treated politely and nicely by men without expecting it must lead to something bigger.

He does not call or email because he is not interested in you. That is how NICE people turn other people down socially. They just do not call them back. Most people do not take pleasure in being mean or hurtful or making another person feel bad. So, calling someone just to tell them WHY THEY DO NOT LIKE THEM, is not a thing the average person would look forward to doing.

Take this passive gesture as a direct statement to you regarding his feelings. HE IS JUST NOT INTO YOU.

maybe he is afraid of loosing u incase he calls u , if he is really nice to u.... u can make it easier for him..jus ask him to call u thts it... if one person doesnt respond than the other person shud take the initiative.... this makes things simple for both...

- Response by reality2dreamer, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Food Service

He's not interested...interested men call or find a creative way to call.

- Response by clip22, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Executive

that's because you haven't given him any hint that you are interested. so, he'll continue to be helpful and act nice and attentive until you guys establish there is mutual attraction. and that can't be done without communications.

women react the same way

- Response by vank356, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Technical

Your details are a bit sketchy, but it sounds to me as if you confuse him doing his job with being interested in you.

- Response by amberlynm, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?