Women... Does the word "cunt" make you angry?
Sex & Intimacy / 11:26 PM - Friday May 15, 2009

... why does it make you so dang mad?? Me and my girlfriend got into another argument today and I had a hangover and finally called her a dumb cunt. She got real quiet and her face got all screwed around and then she went into her bedroom -- where I heard the distinct sound of a 12 gauge shotgun being loaded -- that's when I tore outta there and ran as fast as I could. What the heck? Why is THAT word such a hot button?

- Asked by mattskaaaa, A Couch Potato, Male, 22-25, Student

I think she was ok with the words...but still pissed you drover her camaro into the lake

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Because it's usually a douche that uses it and no one like a douche bag.

- Response by georgiagirl404, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25

Ha Ha,,,,, you have that Stupid Pubic hair on your head and called her a Cunt??? WTF??? Dumbass!!

Personally the word doesn't bother me when you say it around me. But the reason it pisses us off so much is because it is one of the foulest words you can use for the female anatomy. And if someone said this to my face let alone my boyfriend, you would definitely end up getting the shit kicked out of you.

- Response by amy571, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

That's just the one word that you never ever ever call a women unless you think she is a dirty dirty skank. And to call your girlfriend that?! Good luck...

- Response by luvsdjhtm, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Seattle, Who Cares?

Ah that word is only reserved for very special people in my book, I might think it but I never say it. It's a horrible word and is a complete put down and you should never ever call your girlfriend that, expect that gun to go off buddy.

- Response by cjay100, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Um... FIRST... I don't think it was the 'word' that was the problem for this girl. There are OBVIOUSLY 'Other Issues' there. Hrm. (Jeeze, I hope you are not serious about that.)

Ok, so... second. The word? Why does it 'bother' 'us'? Well, I don't think it's the exact 'word' in itself that is the problem. I think it's the 'intent' behind the word.

For example:

If my boyfriend said to me, while we are in the bedroom, "Wow, you're such a c*nt!" I'd probably get a sassy and smiley 'raised eyebrow' look on my face... and maybe he'd consider it foreplay? (That's just a guess. I dunno. Hah.)

But if we are argueing and I tell him that he's being a d*ck, and to recriprocate, he tells me that I am such a c*nt... well...

...Hrm, Ok, let's stop using ME as the example and then maybe we can get to the bottom of this....

Heh. I think it's just because we are taught to cringe when we hear it because it is usually only 'brought out' as a 'last resort, dirty weapon.

Hopefully that clarifies. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

To some calling a female a c*** is like calling a black person a n*****.....some words easily offend. You should always keep that in mind. Being a black female I would be just as offended if someone called me the first word as I would be if someone used the latter word.

- Response by tinkusmc17, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Military

LMAO! I LOVE THIS WORD! I say it alot and im a girl myself. i have underwears that say cunt. I realized that some girls hate that word, i have no idea why haha

- Response by xava5x, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, New York, Self-Employed

Look at the answers from women. If you are still wondering what the answer is to your question you were not paying attention and you missed the fact that they are all out of their minds.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older

- Response by drpenisbojangles, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older