How many times do you actually get to fall in love?
Sex & Intimacy / 4:01 PM - Thursday May 14, 2009

Have you ever really been in love with someone, and they equally loved you in the same way or even more, How many times in a lifetime do we get to experience that? I am not talking to the 18 year olds that think they are in love with their b.f now, and he is going to be the only love of their lives. I am asking people old enough to know the difference.

I have had the chance to love three time in my life so far. And you know what if heaven for bid loose another husband I can say that yes I probably would love yet another. I think it's just part of who I am!

I don't think there is a set number. I'm one of those who have had a few failed relationships, as well as one failed marriage, and I never gave up on love. Thank godness too because I found love again and remarried last year.

For some they have only one love and this lasts a lifetime, for others they have loved many, and lost in love, but there is always hope, and love is out there you just have to make yourself available.

Yes, I was given a second chance at love at the age of 43. We ended up getting married. We are still very much in love with each other.

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Student

I honestly believe it can be more than once but for me it has only been once. As a matter of fact, I still keep in touch with him and yes, I still do love him. It's kind of like loving from a distance because he's involved with someone and so am I.

- Response by kutie56, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Newark, Other Profession

If you look at the big picture it is obvious that love has no boundaries. I love lots of people; family,friends,all kids, several furry animals and a couple of not so furry ones. Why should sexual love be any different?

- Response by justapuss, Female, 46-55, Athens, Self-Employed

as many times as u find it. why not? u kno how u feel about people and u only kno what love is to u.

- Response by briant76, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 26-28, Military

---------- joybird wrote --------
"There are unhappy people in the world not because they can't find and fall in love but instead because they put so many expectations on that which results in disallusionment. There is no such thing as "true love". That is an illusion...a faulty assumption just like the one that insisted the world was flat.
And I'm talking about reciprocated love. It's possible to experience that over and over again.
What people need to let go of is the enormous expectations they have around commitment, monogamy, financial stability, and about 50 other criteria they put together they make the willing love jump through before they are willing to surrender."

This is excellent advice. Joybird is absolutely right.