Rule for men on the age of women to date:
Dating / 12:23 PM - Thursday May 14, 2009

Guys, wondering if that girl is too young to date? Here is the rule to follow. Never date a women younger than half your age +7 years. So if you're 20, it's okay to date a girl 17. If you're 60, stay with women 37 and old. Got the idea?

Update: May 14, 2009.
Besides, this is a rule for men. And we all know men are slime-balls when it comes to dating younger women. This is a rule-of-thumb to set a minimum age.

Update: May 14, 2009.
I said DATE not have sex with. So the age of consent has nothing to do with it.

- Asked by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

I don't know any 37 year old that would want a 60 year old. ijs

16?! I am NOT dating a 16 year old!

- Response by mantis, A Creative, Male, 18-21

Sure, that might work for an affair.

But if you're talking about actually dating, that's just silly. What on earth could a 60-year-old man have in common with a 37-year-old woman?

Not much.

Hmmm. If a 20-year-old guy comes to my door to pick-up my 17-year-old, HIGH SCHOOL daughter for a date...He'd better be wearing a bullet-proof vest...and a cup.

AGE is relevant.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

i just use the 20 year rule. try to keep them within 20 years of your age.

well if you are 20 and having sex with a girl who is 17... it's illegal!

- Response by joent612, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

I always heard that's how to calculate the "appropriate" age of a woman a man has an affair with.

Thats a good rule but I'm not sure (convinced) that if I felt good about someone else it wouldn't really matter what their age.........I mean in the last week before I got all my hair chopped off I saw women looking at me with an eagle eye........bored house wives.

- Response by spadeace, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Ummm, that means I can date someone as young as, just no....21 is the youngest I'll go.

- Response by fanny500, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

So...a 20 year old guy would just DATE a 17 year old girl and NOT have sex with her? In what alternate universe?

FEW 37 year old women would date a 60 year old. Very few and most likely only for money in most cases. I'll be 34 this year so I'm getting close to that age and there is no way I would date someone my DAD's age. My boyfriend is 6 years older and that's fine. But 23 years older?

lol a date is a date as longs as u dont look like her dad taking her out for ice cream your all good.

- Response by briant76, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 26-28, Military

That rule does not work well for me :(