Is Pepsi bad for health?
Diet & Health / 12:14 AM - Thursday May 07, 2009

Is Pepsi bad for health?

I am a big Pepsi addict, sort of normal for me to take 500ml after every meal, heard people say its bad for liver and stomach

- Asked by awad, A Rebel, Male, 22-25, Science / Engineering

It's bad for EVERYTHING. That stuff is nothing but empty calories, full of processed sugar, caffeine and chemicals. Drinking it in moderation is bad enough, but drinking that much of it every day will take a terrible toll on your health, your weight and your teeth.

Look at the label of any soft drink...or food for that matter.
Be concerned if you see the ingredient, "Phosphoric Acid", because it softens bones.
This was told to my daughter and I (by her dr) while she was receiving cancer treatment at St. Jude Children's Research Hosp.
(Yes, Pepsi and most all sodas have it).
Also, a serving of just about all sugary drinks/sodas, (including Gaterade and Sunnydelight, etc) have an average of 10-12 teaspoons of sugar. (remember, I said a serving...such as a can...the larger bottles would have at least twice as much sugar).
Become "label-able"...read those labels! :)
How is your weight?

- Response by gettingstronger, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Teaching

All pop is bad for you. Try not drinking it for a week and then have a pepsi. You'll see.

- Response by ashmcawesome, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

Avoid diet Pepsi, it contains aspartame, which is poisonous.

Ohhh You are a Pepsi addict huh? Yeah I can relate, I think they put drugs in that stuff to make you hooked. I have been trying to cut back on it though, because it is bad for you, especially if that is all you drink. Just cut it down, to at least one a day. I was a six pack a day type of girl, but now I drink maybe one a day or none.

- Response by voodoo68, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Regular Pepsi is bad for you because of the sugar. Sugar = diabetes.

I am told that aspartame is bad for the brain--it can actually cause brain damage, according to some nutritional fanatics. Hence, Diet Pepsi isn't too great.

Why not just get unsweetened, flavored Dansani water? It's really good as far as the taste goes and I found it to be a good substitute to my diet Ginger Ale.

Pop drinks (and a refined diet) are one of the leading causes of diabetes over time. Try alternating with water or sparkling water with citrus flavor. Regular pepsi is way worse than diet pepsi in moderation. In the spring/summer especially, I like a diet soda or 2. I prefer diet snapple tea, but it is too much of a diuretic effect , because the caffeine is very strong in it. I always drink lots of water daily. :)

- Response by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed