I'm falling in love with someone I shouldn't. What should I do about this?
Dating / 11:22 PM - Tuesday May 05, 2009

This person has been somewhat involved in my life for a while now, and my feelings have been steadily growing stronger. Im worried I might be falling in love with this person. Don't get me wrong, falling in love is great and all. But this is someone I have absolutely no right to love. Everything about it is just so.. wrong. To be honest I don't even want to love them, but I cant seem to help it. I'm scared. I'm scared of the way i'm feeling, i'm scared of why I feel this way, im scared of what will happen if anyone found out about said feelings, and most of all i'm scared that this person will no longer be in my life (basically i'm scared to lose them, even though I don't really have them). What the heck should I do??

I don't even have to read all of the detail you provided. Your question says it all; "falling in love with someone you shouldn't". Get away from him. If you can't get away from him, avoid him. He is already taken by someone else. There are plenty of other men out there that are really good guys. (assuming you fell in love with a man that is!)

- Response by stacerpacer, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Chicago, Self-Employed

Hun, best to divest yourself of their company and get along with your life. {ut as much distance between this person and yourself as possible.
These feelings may go away and you will laugh at having them.

Keep contact to a minimum. You don't want to lose them completely out of your life so only talk to them when necessary and definatley don't spend time with them if you don't have to. Keep them in your life by saying hi or sending an e-mail. Then when you find someone else and fall in love with them, you can resume your normal contact with them.

- Response by melizzardlizzard, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Los Angeles, Other Profession

Seperation, distance, and extreme distractions combined work well.

- Response by joybird, A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

been there done that. get distance from them, its not worth it. your putting time into something you cant have in the end anyways. i wasted so much time on a guy i wanted to be with, someone i thought would change. never happened and now that i look back at it i was the fool. That was three years ago, not too long after i removed myself form the situation i meet my now husband.

- Response by jeepwrangler95, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Chicago, Who Cares?

I think it depends on how much self control you have. I have been and am in love with someone that I cannot be with, but he is very important to me. We are great friends, we both have a pretty good idea how the other person feels, but we respect the fact that all we can be is very close friends. In my case, he is married and I love him enough to not want to screw up his life . . . which is he left his wife for me or cheated on her WOULD screw up his life. When you really love someone, you want their happiness more than anything else and that includes wanting it more than wanting them in a romantic sense.

If you can't be satisfied with just having the person close to you as a friend, you probably should stay away from him.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Seattle, Technical