My boyfriend always forgets our anniversary...
Dating / 7:16 PM - Tuesday May 05, 2009

It's our 7 months today and he has yet to notice, AGAIN. This is his longest relationship and my most serious one so it is important to me! I guess I'm kind of a romantic like that and I would like for him to at least acknowledge that its our anniversary. Is that too much to ask for? Guys, is it really that hard to remember? How can I get him to remember that the 5th of every month MEANS something to me?

Update: May 06, 2009.
Haha. I didn't mean to come off as a high maintenance bitch. The weird thing is...when I didn't mention it on our 3rd month he asked why and if something was wrong. I just said that I didn't think it was a big deal to him. But he said that it is important because its his first serious relationship and he wants to count the months that we've been together and can't wait for the important ones (6 mo, 1 yr). So now I'm just confused cause ever since then he has forgotten! Even the 6 months which he said he couldn't wait for. We're young so I figured I could get away with being sappy, at least for a little while. And every time I finally say, "Hey we've been together this long now" he gets apologetic and says things like, "Damn, how could I forget again?" So yeah, I guess I'm confused cause I thought it was s special and important to him cause thats what he told me, but he keeps forgetting. And I'm really not that high maintenance, like at all. I don't expect him to take me out to dinner or buy me flowers or a card or anything. He knows I'm not like that and he doesn't even have to do that for our 1 year, I'd be happy with him saying "Happy Anniversary, I love you" and then some sex. lol. But anyway, I guess I'll just get used to reminding him. Thanks for all the responses! :)

- Asked by itsbrittanybitch4, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Student

Keep this happy horse exhaust up and you'll never see your first anniversary.

Maybe you should date women instead.

You want to celebrate monthly anniversaries?

Too high maintenance...I'd pass.

- Response by vabyss, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I think you are asking to much for a monthly anniversary recognition, married men have a hard enough time remembering the annual wedding anniversary...

- Response by funegirljen, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Sacramento, Administrative

Serious? Its only 7 months....thats barely 3 oils changes in my car. Its not that big of a deal.....when the years begin roll by then its something to keep in mind.

- Response by nomayo, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Fitness

Uh, forgive me, but anniversaries are usually a yearly thing for most people.

Were you thinking monthly?

...really?

- Response by snafu, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Financial / Banking

I'm sorry. I have quite a hard time taking a girl who thinks I need to celebrate every month anniversary seriously.

- Response by jlees, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

Honestly dude, that is alot to put upon a man to remember an anniversary every month. You might want to lay off that with him, or he may just say fughettaboutit. Now if had been 7 years and he kept forgetting then ok I would be pissed, but everymonth??? That is great you are romantic, and all but also be realistic and realize men are different creatures than we are.

- Response by voodoo68, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Wait, you will be lucky if he rememebers one a year!

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

My first real relationship the guy was like that hed bring me a card every month an than a cd or flowers with it. it was cool but honestly u start to realize that dosent matter the years sre the important things. but if its that important to you talk to him or start giving him something he will probably reciprocate

- Response by ghfan1207, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

not to be funny.... but that may be why its been his longest relationship. if it means that much to you, then just simply by a calender and put it on the fridge, or bathroom mirror, above the toilet or somewhere to where he sees it everyday, and circle it in red, saying "7 months" "8 months" whatever with a little heart. It that doesn't work, then clearly it doesn't mean that much to him (not that its a bad thing some men just aren't as "sappy" as we'd hope) and move on to being mad when he forgets your wedding anniversary, or your birthday.

Program it in his phone around the time he gets off work to go off and "ALARM" him to check his schedule.

Either way. best of luck!

- Response by jones05moore, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Cincinnati, Food Service

ANNIVERSARY: the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event.

Have PMS every 5th of the month and he'll remember it means something.

I don't think monthly is as big a deal as yearly. So don't be upset with him for not remembering the monthly ones. Now if he forgets the year mark..yeah you could be upset!

- Response by npink22, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28

lol at celebrating every other month or shit. I would look at you like you were nuts. You want to celebrate every mnth? I hope ur kidding but you're not or maybe i read this wrong. Either way i think you're nuts for celebrating every mnth. Give me jerk rating.

- Response by dominicanbred, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

Yeah, I hate to say this, but other than when I was in high school, I have never dated a guy that acknowledged monthly dating anniversaries. I had a couple that acknowledged when we had been together for 6 months, but it was pretty minor, like "Can you believe we've been together for 6 months now? We should go to the beach for the weekend or something," but it was rarely on the exact DATE of the 6 months.

- Response by kuriouskats, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Seattle, Technical

Are you joking? Anniverary means annual. It's once a year. You haven't had an anniversary yet. And if you make such a big deal out of such trivia, you will be lucky if you ever do.

You will make him crazy.

- Response by angelicaam, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45

its different for most people. my best friend and his gf celebrate each day of the month they were together (so like on each 14th of the month) but personally all the girls ive ever gone out with for longer than a month we didnt celebrate that month passing and they didnt care either. plus technically, an anniversary is a year long period... so if uve been going out with this guy for 7 months and he hasnt celebrated ur anniversary, its because it hasnt actually happend yet :P

- Response by ilovextc, A Rebel, Male, 22-25, Toronto, Student

You don't need a boyfriend. You need a little toy poodle you can clutch in your arms.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Las Vegas, Celebrity

Well, not every guy is created the same. There ARE men who will remember these dates all on their own. And there are those who won't.

When I dated my husband I always got gifts or flowers and we exchanged cards every month, sometimes a fancy dinner as well...he was just that way. I never expected it, but I definitely appreciated it.

Maybe he does other things to show his caring. When he does, thank him and tell him you appreciate it. Isn't that what love's all about? Showing you care no matter the form?

;)

- Response by gettinslim45, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

you may look sexy in your pic- but i could never be trained that way!

- Response by jhinnyc, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

Well most people in adult relationships don't celebrate monthly anniversaries. Actually this practice usually ends in H.S. which is probably why he doesn't remember and/or doesn't feel the need to acknowledge it. Maybe wait till the one year mark and see what happens. This is usually celebrated by those who are married not just dating!

Now if you are just this needy then you need to let your boyfriend know how you feel. He may think you are crazy but hey you can't blame him for forgetting or not reacting the way you want him to if you don't let him know what you expect from him.