Third shift is killing me!!
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else, Married Life / 12:18 AM - Tuesday May 05, 2009

third shift is killing me!!

first off i feel that third sift is for someone who is single...my husband works third shift rt now and its driving me mad! i dont see him but one hour a day, and thats just before i walk out the door for work and he;s coming home. i feel so lonely and in a way single. is this abnormal or is it just me

- Asked by jeepwrangler95, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Chicago, Who Cares?

No, I worked 3rd ahift for 6 years many years ago. The first thing to do is uunderstand that just because most people youknow don't work those hours, you are notmissing anything. Next, get with your husband and try to live your lives ins ync such as shopping for groceries when you get off work, exercising together, scheduling meals together and avoid alcohol, as it will affect your sleep habits.

- Response by bufferz, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

if it temp, it will pass and you be fine. not many jobs out there and i do not see it getting better unless you have a 4 year degree. Obama not even focus on the little people.
It hits everyone and you are not alone as we do what we need to to get the bills paid.
Myself i refuse to work 3rd shift cause you can have no life, but if i really had to,i would.

- Response by dreampaws, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Denver, Other Profession

i work swing shift but my man is a constant 7-3 worker. do u guys have kids? cause if not, he should be sleeping while ur at work then wake up when u come home so u can spend some time together. but if u have kids, i can see how it might be hard, he'd have to come home and be with the kids and prob can't sleep until ur home. thats gotta be hard. does he get weekends off at least?

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I think what you are feeling is normal. If you are on first and he is on third, it is hard to spend time together. Just make sure that you set dates with each other so you don't grow apart. On days when he is say off the next day and you are off that day so neither of you are tired and can dedicate your undivided attention to one another. Make the time. If you don't your relationship will eventually feel it.

- Response by sgross01, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Executive

It may be rough but remember that it most likely won't be forever. Times are tough right now and I have professional people coming in to my Starbucks and ask if we are hiring. They would go from losing their job at a huge mortgage lender to being a Barista making hourly wages because it's better than nothing and they can get benefits too.

- Response by msbrunette, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55

You two really need to have more time together. Also, talk to your doctor. Third shift is physically hard on a body not to mention home life. Jobs are few and far between, but it will get better. He should switch to day shift as soon as possible. Best wishes.

- Response by swiget, A Cool Mom, Female, 66 or older, Columbus, Administrative

if his is the higher paying job, why dont u get a 3rd shift and it equals out? I worked it volintarily for a long time as it was the most enjoyable shift as a cop: graveyard literally. this is something the two of u have to work out, sometimes even moving is necessary to find jobs/lives that are compatable else the lonliness = divorce.

- Response by mtusa007, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

I WORK 7PM -7AM I have done it for over a year now and it is hard on everyone.Not enough time for sleep,my kids or my boyfriend.It's a job and I need it.My boyfriend works out of the home and there are days I only see him a few minutes because he is so busy.Yes you will adjust on the days off make sure you spend time together,

- Response by smom, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

I say give the man a break. Right now in this economy and with people losing their jobs, ANY shift is a good shift. I understand being frustrated not seeing him much, but I think it's better that than to see him everyday because he doesn't have a job!

- Response by newdad, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Las Vegas, Transportation

no it's abnormal at all,my hubby works 3rd shift and I hate it,but everytime he tries to go to days something happens:((,I work first shift so we have to make sure we make time for each other and it is hard to do,I know how lonley it is! wish I had an answer if u find one ,plz let me know!

- Response by cutie29400, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Indianapolis, Food Service

Rough or not,.... in this economy...there are thousands of people who would like his 3rd shift