When a guy gives you his number, should you call?
Dating / 9:15 AM - Monday May 04, 2009

I met a guy this weekend at a sporting event. He got my email address and sent me an email last night. We live in different cities right now, and he said that he'd love to see me this next time he's in town. He gave me his number at the end of the email. So...I was going to respond with MY number, but should I call him first? Or wait for him to call? I feel like since he gave me his number, I have to make the first move. I'm kind of "old-fashioned" when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks!

if you really like him, call only once, to give him your number. then the initiating calls are his responsibility.

DEFINITELY call him within 24 hours of him giving you his number. Waiting 4-5 days is just plain rude, girlfriend. He is obviously interested which is why he gave you his number and told you he'd like to see you when he's back in town. It's always nice to meet someone new, so go for it! Have fun! :-)

- Response by femmefatale86, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Medical / Dental

He gave you his number because he wants to move things out of e-land and get to know you through actual conversation. If he doesn't have your number, how do you expect him to call you? You have two choices: call him and give him your number to call you back, or email him your phone number and ask him to call you. Either way, you should let him know that you are an old-fashioned girl.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 46-55

old fashioned here too! i would not even mention the fact that he sent you his number, and just give him yours. if he's interested he'll call. there's a very interesting chapter on this "on he's not that into you", you should take a look, i was very surprised. but yeah, e-mails are not that personable, so it's ok to talk to him that way, but as far as a phone call goes, i would wait for his.

good luck

- Response by stefania07, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

I would do a lot more with e-mail before I would do anything else. Don't feel like you have to make the first move. Take
your time and enjoy the life you have right now. Be safe!

- Response by davidfranklin, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Retired

I would stick with sending e-mails. Don't give him your number.
You don't know this man, it takes a lot of time to really find out what someone is like. Relax, take your time and don't rush into anything quickly. Develope a relationship with someone in your home town. If you are a church goer, ask God to guide you in all your decisions.