How long do you date someone before you become boyfriend/girlfriend?
Dating, Sex & Intimacy / 11:06 AM - Thursday April 30, 2009

how long do you date someone before you become boyfriend/girlfriend?

Just wondering how long does it take for you to determine whether or not you can see yourself with someone in a long term relationship?

In other words, how long do you tend to date someone before becoming "exclusive"?

- Asked by blackciri, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, New York, Celebrity

Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Those terms can be used without being in a serious relationship ... however if you want to determine how long it would take to get serious ... there are no fast rules ... every relationship is unique. With my S/O Christina, half way through the first date.

- Response by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, New York, Who Cares?

I think that each relationship is different and moves at it's own pace. It also varies from partner to partner. For example, with one person you may have wanted to go slow but with another, you knew you wanted more right away. In general, I think women want the relationship to move faster than men do. I also think women tend to know sooner that they want it to be serious before the man usually does. What works out the best is if both people want the same thing at the same time. Problems usually occur when things aren't in sync. Hope this answers your question and I hope it makes sense.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

I can normally tell within a few dates if they are someone I'd want long term. The exclusiveness comes in to play when the sex starts.

well actually every dude ive ever went out with immediately wants 2 be my bf so if im really feeling them i accept..so i guess im not the best person 2 answer this Q.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Who Cares?