Help me, I feel so lonely and empty and sad
Friendship / 5:17 AM - Tuesday April 28, 2009

I can't let go, I feel so lonely and empty. Maybe I could replace him if I found someone else (who I connected with), but it hasn't happened yet.

If I only had a friend, it would make a difference but I am all alone in the world (apart from my parents).

I ruin everything and there must be a reason why no man (who I want) wants me. How am I supposed to pretend that I am fine when I am not?

I cry everyday. I want to ring him and at least have him in my life but he doesn't want me.

No-one does. Help please, I am so sad every day.

- Asked by sunset77, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Words you read here will comfort you for a short time but in the long run, you really need to find a loving friend or friends to support you for now. You are not in deep depression, yet! Talk to someone you trust as much as it takes, cry on that person's shoulders and grieve but don't take too long. Calling your ex will worsen everything. You may not need a professional help right now but if your depression gets deeper you might be stuck, so get yourself a friend. how about your parents? do you open your heart to them? TALK to someone!

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Moscow, Other Profession

Hey. What is happening to you. You sound a very intelligent girl from your message. Your loss is also a failure of your boyfriend. he lost you and you lost him. So why think of it as failure in your part. He knows he is wrong and that is why he is shying away from. I left someone I relly love and I still regret it today. But I am honest in telling her that I still want to be with her. She moved on and I am at a standwstill. So get yourself organised. Move on like she did. People envy success and not failure. Be a minner fiorst before you get a winning relationship. You apprear to be too soft hearted girl. it is the best thing in a girl. Unfortunatley, most of men do not realise it. I for all the good reason believe that the most wonderful place on earth is being in a girl's heart. If you have agirl who just smiles at you on seeing you. I do not know what else can a man ask.
So my dear friend (although we still do not know each other) you have to become a strong person to be able to hold on to what you desire.
I hope you get your happiness soon.
Bobby65

- Response by bobby65, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 46-55, Karachi

You need to get yourself out and off the computer and do something about it, dear! Moping and feeling lonely at home isn't helping. You need to keep yourself busy, get involved with a new project or hobby that you've always wanted to try, be it a class with other people, taking a dance class, something. Or even volunteer to help others! Feeling sorry for yourself isn't helping you get over him. Forget him. You can't move on if you keep thinking about him. Go for a walk, enjoy the flowers, nature. Make new friends by joining something to keep you busy. It will take time but you have to take the first step. It is up to you.

IT sounds to me like you have depression and I think that being the case you need to seek professional help.

- Response by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

Gee, take it easy on your self . You need to find a way to stop thinking so much , and be happy with your self first or else you will never be happy with any one else. Give it time you will find the right one.

- Response by 78cowgirl, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Why are you sooooo insecure?
This is beyond the help ANSWEROLOGY can give you...you need to professional help to find what your problem is.
SERIOUSLY...GO!

- Response by mstoronto, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25

can you sing>?
looks like you can write songs...

ever thought of moving to Nashville>?

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

Your mistake is taking your life and giving it away.A life is a valuble thing.You only get one so far as we know and it's the sum total of what we will ever get to keep all to ourselves in this world and yet you just hand it over to another without even a bit of a fight for it.

Of course there is a reason no man whom you want wants you back,how could they when you don't even want yourself?No one wants to be a crutch to another,people are looking for a partner in life who will enhance and compliment their own life not a disease that attaches itself and then brings them down with it.

Until you can appreciate yourself,until you can understand your complete and capable all on your own without the need for another to make your life happy you can't hope to ever be able to share with another.

What is a friend to you?What does that word mean to you?What function do you believe a friend should serve?It might help if you can first define what friend means to you before you go seeking one.It really does make them easier to find.

Don't seek a shoulder to cry on,no one wants a wet shirt or believe you have the right to use someone as a permanent crutch.Don't lay there in the mud just sitting and bawling while waiting for someone to reach down and pull you out while you do nothing but cry "whoa is me" as people walk by you trying to reach their own destinations.First,star t picking yourself up and you will find someone willing to reach down and help you up the rest of the way.Next figure out where you want to go and take a few stumbling steps in that direction and you will find someone else who is going the same way who is willing to momentarily take your arm if you stumble once in a while.....just as you will them in as well.But noones back is strong enough to simply carry you while they try to make their own way on the path of life.

But until you begin to use the tools you were born with,the tools that make you a complete and capable person all on your own you can have no hope of sharing with another.

- Response by justme38271, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Consulting

...join me in soulja boy dance.....wooohoooooooo ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Response by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering

Slow down,we all have bad breakups. we heal with time. life isnt that bad. take time to be around family/friends people you can talk to. keep looking for mr.right when your ready. take time to reflect on whats happened to you relationship wise. and look at yourself what can i do to better myself. dont throw in the towel thats to easy. grow with experience. we all go through bad times. youve gotta have something good. count your blessings...good luck!

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail