Ugly guys like me and it makes me kinda sad.
Dating / 8:19 PM - Monday April 27, 2009

How can I get over it and make peace with the fact that only ugly guys like me? I'm NOT fat! I work REALLY hard to have a nice body (which I do) but I have an okay face and no hot guy even looks at me! It makes me sad that only unattractive guys pay attention to me but I know there's nothing I can do about it. How can I learn to accept this and not feel so bad about it?

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25

Have you ever given them a chance?? Maybe they have alot more going for them than the so-called attractive guys. Not sure why this makes you sad. You can have a guy you consider hot and he will have the personality of wet lettuce and flirt with every girl he sees while in your presence. Pay attention to one that likes you and see what happens. Worth a chance.

i know, it's like 10000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

gah i feel your pain.
Im in the same situation, Im attractive by anyones standards, not meaning to toot my own horn but its true. However only ugly guys are interested its so frustrating because my best friend constantly has hotties going after her. Its so crap because i would love just once to be with someone who i was physically attracted to and not constantly have to 'overlook' their appearance.
Dont give up.
I'm not.
Im just trying to change myself from the inside.
You sound like me, you know you are attractive but you dont really believe it so you have no real self confidence because it is beyond you that an attractive guy would like you.
work on your self confidence and try to believe your hot becuase you are its probs just your self perception thats holding you back.
If your can't believe and feel gorgeous, no one else will either.
Good luck!!! and wish me luck haha

- Response by citychick, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Copenhagen, Therapist

I have good news and bad news...bad news, like attracts like, so if you're getting the not so gorgeous ones, well you know it could be the "hot" ones don't think you're pretty enough for them. That's the bad news. The good news is, you don't want to date them; they're shallow and self absorbed. More good news: it only takes one and what may strike you as hot won't necessarily be what the girl next to you thinks is hot. How can you accept the fact that the 9s and 10s don't see you? Know that about 8% of the women actually look like that. Odds are in your favor (and those of the more average looking). Give those not so gorgeous guys a chance, sometimes it's not the outside that matters so much as it is the inside.

I'm sure you will find a good looking fella. Attraction is always part of a relationship.

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

It's got to be a real bummer to suddenly realize you are about a 5 or 6 and that you don't have access to those 9's or 10's. But you have to work with what you have in an effective manner. You might find that some of these guys you think are ugly really aren't as ugly as you think if you got to know them. When we find out someone is nice to be around we suddenly also think they are better looking. It's a psych phenomenon. think of it this way....I'd like to go to the carribean on vacation a couple of times of year....oh hell...I'd like to have a cottage right on the water down there somewhere...but I can't no where near afford that.....so I'll have to accept my limitations and work with what I have in terms of a vacation. I'm not a 9 or 10 either....probably at current a 4 or 5. Oh well....that's life! So I'm not the bell of the ball in terms of looks. Everyone I know invites me because I'm funny and make them laugh. You have to work what you have.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Just a thought.... but have you given much thought to maybe your not soooo Hott...... or maybe you just carry yourself like you have no Confidence...... which by the way is a Major Turn Off......well Good Luck..... not to worry some Ugly guys are pretty cool........ and Geeks make money

All men appreciate nice bodies, but the most together men especially appreciate women also have it together - as in, women who are confident, happy and not into judging themselves or others by appearances only.

I think that most of the time we are attractive to men we don't like because we are more comfortable around them and we are ourselves. But with guys that we are attracted to, we just act different. But there could be a number of things why they like you.

It's kinda the same for me... I always attract the wrong person... I like the other guy but for some reason this other guy likes me instead... it's like what the heck!!! So confusing huh??

I don't think you should feel bad about it... one day the right person will come along... Sometimes you don't even notice the guy who likes you because your eyes were on a different guy. If maybe, you gave the guy who liked you another look, things would be different and you would see him in a new way.

- Response by dplee21, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

I would love to see pictures of all the women on here who question their looks, because we men arent all that picky about looks, liking you is a higher priority

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired