I have been dating this guy for a month. We see each other on the weekends and enjoy each other alot
Dating / 1:43 AM - Wednesday April 22, 2009

We have known each other since grade school and had really big crushes on each other although we never acted on it. He seems really into me and I am into him. He is not dating anyone else and neither am I. I want to know when do you really consider yourself a "couple" and should we just assume it or should we discuss it or just leave it alone.
He is out of town during the week for work just this month (april) and then he will be back for good. Close to me again so we can see each other more.. Advice please ladies...should I just relax.. and see how it goes.? We both don't want kids and have lots in common and our own interests as well....He is a good man from a good family...any tidbits of advice? THanks in Advance

Update: April 22, 2009.
Thank you all for the wonderful advice. I am going to just sit back and let nature take its course. Its all good and I know he really likes me as I do him..time will tell.. God bless you and thanks so much for taking your time to answer my question. You allllllll ROCKKKKK Lisa

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Rochester, Student

Don't ruin things by trying to force a LABEL on it. When he thinks that you are in a relationship, I am sure you are the first person he will share that with.

Meanwhile enjoy the moment and do not suffocate each other. The last thing that you want to promote or encourage, is that being single is much better than being in a relationship; right? Let him see that he can have it all and have a loving companion.

Women rush in much too quickly.

Whatever else you do with your life, trust me on this one. Although you should be asking men, I know this one well. Wait at least six months to bring this up. You will probably already know by then. But if you don't, nobody worth having around will think you are pushing things if it's been six months.

Before that, many men will think you are psycho. Men have been willing to tell me things my whole life that they won't tell other women. This point has been very clear. I really don't want to see a post from you wondering why he backed off after you brought this up after only three months.

- Response by amberlynm, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

YOU ALREADY ANSWERED THE QUESTION. SIT BACK AND JUST ENJOY THE TIME YOU SPEND TOGETHER. NO NEED TO RUSH IN TO ANYTHING. TIME WILL LET YOU BOTH KNOW WHEN TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

- Response by nanak, A Creative, Female, 66 or older, Home Maker

I really like Randyl's advice to you. What she says is right, go with the flow & let things progress naturally. Though do not assume that you are an exclusive couple until it is discussed & that will happen when timing is right for both of you. For now just focus on making yourself happy & enjoying his company & the rest will fall into place. Best wishes

- Response by lissa78, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

You do kiss, right?

Now, if you start seeing yourselves more than just the weekends, and communicate frequently, then yes you are a couple...

- Response by A Creative, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Follow Your Heart and be TRUE to you
!!
Feel don't Think as much !!
great book is heart of love by dr John demartini

powerful World Healer at www.DanNolanMinistries. org

- Response by tpass419, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Alternative Medicine

Seems like everyone covered it, just enjoy the course of nature. HOWEVER, please remember, until he asks you to be your girlfriend you two are NOT a couple. Until he officially asks you out or you ask him out, there is no committment. And although, you might be only seeing each other, you're free to see others because you have not made that committment. Just a word from the wise, I've seen so many of my girlfriends get hurt because they didn't want to be too pushy or scare him away by asking if "they were an item" - lo and behold - when they finally did, the guy either asked them out or told them no they weren't, we're free to see other ppl, I just like you sweetie, ect... you get the idea.

- Response by shaylabonnie87, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28

I think building a relationship takes time, so enjoy your time together and you will notice your relationship grow and blossom. One day he will tell you he loves you and hopefully it will lead to a lasting relationship. Give it time, you are getting to know each other.

- Response by aliii, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Administrative

I would say take your time and enjoy let it all fall together and see what happens. BUT if that is not your personality then ask him if you can talk. But a pushy attitude might run him off. Because he is not ready he will pull back and put distance between you

- Response by laney3166, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Kansas City, Who Cares?

It is very refreshing to hear about the beginning of a new romance. My advice to you is "enjoy it". This is a good place that you guys are in right now because you're relaxed and happy with each other. Once you start trying to define what is happening between you, it starts to change things because you are basically "overstating" the obvious which is "happiness" and that's really all that matters. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Best of luck to you both.

- Response by jstlovely02, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Other Profession