The insides of my ears always shiny or oily?..Why?
Diet & Health / 11:30 PM - Tuesday April 21, 2009

I notice that as the day progresses I get an oiliness or shine on the visible part of the inside ear.

Any ideas how I can treat this?

I get my ears syringed once a year by my M.D., but it doesn't help.

- Asked by askwhatever, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

It's called wax and that's why we have to wash our ears.

- Response by normastraw83, Female, 56-65, Administrative

You really can't stop this. It will stop as you "mature". Use rice papers to blot the oil.

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

It's suppose to be there like the wax.

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I have that same issue and its not earwax. its oil on the outside of the earhole. I know what you are talking about and I can not stand it! I wash, clean and wipe my ears a few times a day. very very oil ears, yuck! I do not care how this is natrual is i do not like it one bit. I started to put cornstarch baby powder on the outside of my ears when i get out of the shower so my ears can feel refresh all day. Try it but, do not put inside the earhole, put the powder in back of the ear and the outside front of the ear. so much better!