What does it mean when men text message all the time and no phone calls?
Dating / 11:59 PM - Monday April 20, 2009

I meet guy over the internet, they ask to exchange numbers, we do. The first day or two most of the guys I meet text me saying "Hey sexy", "How is your day going sexy", the same lines. They will text questions most of the day but never call.

Update: April 21, 2009.
Thank you all for responses, I've decided not to entertain text messaging after the first 2 days. I will let him know texting is nice but to call me and if calls great and if not gret too.. I will move on and no longer answer any text. I believe if a guy is really interested he will do whatever it takes to get to know me beyond a text message. The guys I have been meeting only want to text, never invite me on a date. They only try to come to my house and try to text intimate text about about wanting to hold me etc...when we havent even met or have only met once, sex is what they are probably just looking for and I want more, so NO!!! no more entertaining mind games or wasting my time. Again thanks for your advice.

- Asked by love4real68, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Financial / Banking

Texting has erased out real human conversation....Its easy to avoid intimacy and Real communication with this technology.

- Response by 1sassychic, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Student

It's just something people do now and you should try calling him and see how it goes and if it's awkward then he has a girlfriend or wife... Or he is not interested no more.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Dallas, Student

You know---I just think that's a chicken-s**t way of doing things. It's "safe". They think that throwing out the same cliches that everyone else is using will somehow work. It's doesn't. They need to step up, be a man, call you, and ask you out!

- Response by awsum1, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago

Hey Sexy!

I have no idea why men do this. But I would imagine it's because it's convenient and less personal, so when the ladies are unresponsive, it's not such a big ego buster.

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

it means that it's 2009 and we're living in the era of advanced technology. It's so much easier to text while on the go than holding a conversation. I'm busy and don't have time to have 20 minute phone calls but I can take a few seconds to text...

- Response by fizzzzle, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Student

I never ever ever respond to a text like that.. you want to talk to me you call me, it is lazy rude and inconsiderate and it can also mean he has a woman in his life he does not want her to hear the conversations.. dump him

Guys that merely send out text messages but no fone calls are simply flirting. you popped in their thoughts, send you a short message, their way of saying hello and that's enough for them...everything else will depends on how you respond. if you respond with also a one word or a one liner, communication becomes dull. if you're really interested to get to know him better, reply with something that will also make him respond, and back and forth till he got tired of texting and give you a call. just stimulate his senses....men are by nature flirt, you know. he he he...Have a nice day!

- Response by vickiephil, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Managerial

I really think they find it easier to talk or say certain things that way.
he is probably just shy and is not too sure what to say.
Ive had men call and then don't talk, just silence, and that's awkward. that's my guess. you can tell him you are getting a phone that doesn't have texting available, but we don't want to lie, so you would need to get one, then see what happens.
seriously, good luck to you.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Hmmn I think that when a guy is really into he will call , email and do other stuff not only text. the fact that these internet guys use the same lines they are texting more than one girl and they may loose track of who is who so as not to get in trouble they call everybody baby or sexy and always having empty conversations only asking about your day. If a gut is really into u he will take the conversation beyond how your day was and he will call u to hear your voice.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student