Is there such thing as love at first sight? can you instantly fall in love?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:35 AM - Monday April 20, 2009

is there such thing as love at first sight? can you instantly fall in love?

im recently dating a guy, and we have only been dating now for a month. dont get me wrong, hes been persuing me now for 5 months and i kept saying no. he wasnt the typical guy i went for...actually he is completely opposite.
i dont know what changed my mind... i knew he scared me before... he wasnt a guy i would go for and he's the pretty boy that everyone wants to take home. but all my past relationships have failed and been damaging to my self confidence and love life. so i decided to try something knew since he wasnt giving up.
but something did finally and we have now been together only a month. so thats a totaly of even knowing eachohter 6 months... not that long. well he already told me he lvoed me... hes been in 2 or 3 serious relationships before me, hes 21 and im 20. yes i know we are both young and a lot of people think you can fall in love that young.
but ever since i have known him, every time he comes near me i get the fluttering heart and the dizziness that i thought was fake... i thought that only came in movies and books... guess i was wrong. i told him i loved him back about a week after him, after the 5th time... and i didnt even hesitate... i just... felt it. now he wants to take me home to meet the fam bam...

ive always believed that you can fall in love fast... because having to wait 2 or 3 years to say i love you or to "learn to live toghetre to get married" is silly. you should love the person no matter what. you shouldnt have to learn to love them... shouldnt have to learn to be around them.
but its never happend to me.. it was always sort of a love fantasy of mine...

who thinks you can fall that fast?
who thinks is silly??

- Asked by angeleyes889, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Los Angeles, Military

Many people on this site will say that you cannot fall in love that fast... My whole life, I was also one of them -- until I met 'T.'

I believe love is a choice. We choose to love someone or we don't. We're either ready, or not, to love someone else.

Yes there are MANY different forms of love... and even if you choose to love someone early in the relationship it can and will grow stronger each day... it doesn't have any less potential than love that is expressed later in the relationship. It must be genuinely mutual however. Both parties must know that once a heart is given it is not so easily retrieved. Love is NOT to be trifled with and in this respect the "others" know all to well -- which is why they choose NOT to love until later in the relationship.

If it feels right -- and you are right with it.... make the choice and take the plunge.

Live with passion.

- Response by skycop, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Consulting

i can only speak for me and say "i don't think i could ever fall in love with a person that quick" now lust is an entirely different story......

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Technical