What does it really mean when a guys tells a girl that she is to good for him?
Dating / 2:48 PM - Sunday April 19, 2009

basically hooked up with a guy and he told me later I was too good for him and then we hooked up again but he told him again I shouldnt like him (an i do) is there something wrong to that? Should i really not like him or is it just an excuse but what excuse?

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28, New York

it means he has no self confidence and that he is a no-good dirt bag that usually cheats on girls and abuses them. so, if you want that, then keep seeing him. otherwise, listen and RUN.

Honestly, I think it is a poor excuse to get out of getting into a relationship. Trust me, if you think someone is too good for you, you'll still want them. lol

- Response by anonymouspersona, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Miami, Student

he is saying get lost bitch!
have been told I was too good of a guy and she was telling me to get lost.

It seems like an excuse guys often say that when they have low self esteem but it seems as though he just wants a hookup it could be his pitiful attempt at making u interested because he told you you shouldnt like him as if hes dangerous or forbidden sounds like a game player

- Response by ghfan1207, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

I always wonder about this to. I think maybe its just an excuse guys use that makes them not seem mean or anything like that.

- Response by imlivingthedream, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Financial / Banking

I think that what he is really saying is that "we are incompatible, and I want to move on" Don't take it personal, it happens to all of us.

- Response by maxxfighter, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Honey, it's really not about YOU being too good. It's about him excusing why he's going to end up disappointing you later. Or, why he's not going to get serious with you, yet keep accepting sex. Did you not notice that he keeps coming to this conclusion AFTER you hook up with him? You're being warned so you'll not be able to blame him later. I really hope you aren't entertaining the idea that this will progress to anything other than "fun." They say "you're too good" to make it seem like they are complimenting you.

But, it's really just an excuse in the end for why they don't want you. They "seem" so noble to tell you how "bad" they are for you. But, do you ever notice that these same guys don't feel this way about themselves when they are trying to get with the woman they REALLY want? You need to find out if fun is all you want. If not, move on from this guy. Don't keep giving up the goods while you hope he starts liking you or feeling worthy to be with you. You already know in your heart that this is an excuse.

Well, you can believe that you are too good for him. Or that he doesn't want a relatioship with you so he is trying to be nice and break it up with you.
Either ways, he is and will not be yours. Don't waste your time. Say you are completely right and don't see him again

He's BULLSHITTIN' you around.

You're too good for him as anything other than a booty call.

- Response by king313, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Civil Service

Just an excuse for him not to get into a real relationship. It keeps you coming back but keeps him off the hook to have to date.. No guy really thinks a girl is too good for him and doesn't want to date her. If as a guy we think a girl/woman is too good for us, we go after her hard. we are lucking out.when we say that as an excuse, it is just to be able to have NSA sex.

- Response by sohodutch, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, New York, Technical

He cares enough about you to tell you the truth. So, listen to him. It's rare that men even express their feelings at all, therefore you seriously need to pay attention to what RARELY come out of their mouths. They spend a very long time trying to figure out ever the 5 or 6 words they're going to say. He could have just stopped calling you all together...Would you have liked that?

- Response by mimimachell, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

It means he wants attention, he wants you to kiss and kuddle him and tell him hes great and good enough for anyone. then he'l want to talk about his past and maybe cry. if you dont mind breast feeding for a bit he's yours

- Response by eamo777, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

He's feeding you a line. He's either REALLY insecure or he's just not that into you and he's playing on your sympathetic emotions. Either way, lose him.

- Response by shaylabonnie87, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28