Sex too soon: does it ruin a relationship or not?
Dating / 7:57 PM - Monday April 13, 2009

sex too soon: does it ruin a relationship or not?

i have seen people here say yes it does and other people say no way, bullshit. so what's the truth???

It could. It depends on the person. You can kill alot of things that come with growing to know someone, outside of the bed.

- Response by dankdrft, A Life of the Party, Male, 26-28, San Francisco, Artist / Musician / Writer

Both answers are correct.

It depends upon the two people. Whether they are both looking for a relationship, and whether they would be happy in a relationship with each other.

Most "sex too soon" type things, happen with people who hardly know each other...and (at least one) aren't/isn't interested in knowing each other. So of course, one will opt right on out of there.

Other times, the sex might happen quick, but both are really interested in exploring the relationship...so they stick in there and get to know each other...sex ins't the factor in whether or not it works.

I dont think it ruins a relationship.The two people should have sex when they are ready.

- Response by silly1020, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Retail

depends on the person, I had sex with my fiance on the second date. We've been together now for 4 years. It's all about chemistry.

- Response by rere36, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Managerial

I think it all depends on the two people involved. Hey, it worked out for me...my s/o and I have been together for 5 years.

- Response by kutie56, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Newark, Other Profession

I think having sex too soon definitely has the potential to ruin relationships. The truth is that even though there's an exception to every rule, try to think of yourself as the "rule" and not the "exception".

- Response by sxybtch25, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

It doesn't necessarily ruin a relationship. But remember, some guys are only after one thing--give it up and they move on. So I guess it all depends on when you're ready and what you hope to gain from the relationship. Trust yourself, you'll know when the time is right--no one else can really answer that question for you.

- Response by 2funny, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Financial / Banking

The truth is it depends on what you perceive as a relationship. I find that most people who say it doesn't ruin a relationship are just in a physical relationship, more or less. If someone really cares about you, they're not focused on just having sex.

- Response by ihatescreennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28

every relationship is different and you just have to go with what you feel is right. Just like everything...what's right for me may not be what's right for you....If your relationship is meant to be than nothing will ruin it....

- Response by Posty14, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

"sex too soon"???
No such thing, sorry.

- Response by secret999, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Executive

What do u think?????

- Response by A Player, Male, 36-45, New York

It ruins any chance of a longer term relationship since you have now based it upon sex...

- Response by mks4fun, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Kansas City, Self-Employed

it depends. It is better to wait to be able to really get to know someone before becoming physical and bringing in emotions that may blind you from seeing something that was right in front on you. I think it all depends on the man/woman...age, maturity level, how much he/she likes you, and if he/she wants to be in a relationship. I think it is best to wait..but to each his own.

- Response by kira85, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Dallas, Financial / Banking

i think i does ruin the relationship coz then you wont rili know if wat you feel is the physical atraction or more...

- Response by hotness4eva, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Student

There is no one truth. It is all about how individuals feel on the matter. I have has several relationships begin with first date sex. I have dropped women because they wanted to hold out for God only knows how long

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

I would say if you just met randomly at a bar or on the net and just had a few chats here and there and had sex with him at the first meeting and the guy is a internet surfer, then you don't have a chance for more.
If you have spent time and established a bit of sharing by phone, inernet etc..like 3 or more mos. I would say your chances are better.
You just have to know and find out what the guys is wanting.
If he is a surfer on the net, then he is only wanting to get into your pants.

- Response by jaws, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Sacramento, Who Cares?