Rash and severe itching from brazilian wax!
Diet & Health / 8:08 PM - Friday April 10, 2009

rash and severe itching from brazilian wax!

This isn't my first time getting a brazilian, it's just the first time in 6 months!

It's the same, licensed, experienced lady; I remember the hard wax being a light green but this time the hard wax was a dark green. And, it was a little too hot, but I didn't mind.

It's 48 hours since, and I've been having HORRIBLE itching and big bumps and sensitivity. It looks like some big nasty wart zone down there :(

I've been taking some allergy meds (anti-histamine) and I just started icing it (ice pack wrapped in a towel) to feel better. I have some aloe lotion too, but I have yet to use it.

I truly think this is an allergic reaction to the new hard wax, because I've never had this with my other brazilians. What do you think it is, and how should I heal it?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

If you have some Cortisone Cream, I would apply that, and I would tell the salon where you went on your way to the doctor's office. The wax may have been bad, and/or the operator blistered your parts. Either way, they do owe you at least a refund and an apology, assuming nothing else is wrong.

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

you need to call the salon and find out the ingredients of the wax that was used. Beeswax-anyone who has an allergy to bees will have a reaction. Some waxes also contain essential oils that tend to cause reactions. Over-heated wax will also cause bumps and rashes due to the fact that it is ripping layers of skin off unnecessarily.

- Response by stacerpacer, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Chicago, Self-Employed