Rash and severe itching from brazilian wax!
Diet & Health / 8:08 PM - Friday April 10, 2009

rash and severe itching from brazilian wax!

This isn't my first time getting a brazilian, it's just the first time in 6 months!

It's the same, licensed, experienced lady; I remember the hard wax being a light green but this time the hard wax was a dark green. And, it was a little too hot, but I didn't mind.

It's 48 hours since, and I've been having HORRIBLE itching and big bumps and sensitivity. It looks like some big nasty wart zone down there :(

I've been taking some allergy meds (anti-histamine) and I just started icing it (ice pack wrapped in a towel) to feel better. I have some aloe lotion too, but I have yet to use it.

I truly think this is an allergic reaction to the new hard wax, because I've never had this with my other brazilians. What do you think it is, and how should I heal it?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

See a doc in a few days if things don't improve. I certainly hope that they do!

I would not have a wax done at a salon until some procedures change. The wax they use is not sterile and breeds all kinds of bacteria and infection. It sits in that little pot all day and is the same stuff they use for all of their clients.

- Response by pregunta, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

If you have some Cortisone Cream, I would apply that, and I would tell the salon where you went on your way to the doctor's office. The wax may have been bad, and/or the operator blistered your parts. Either way, they do owe you at least a refund and an apology, assuming nothing else is wrong.

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

you need to call the salon and find out the ingredients of the wax that was used. Beeswax-anyone who has an allergy to bees will have a reaction. Some waxes also contain essential oils that tend to cause reactions. Over-heated wax will also cause bumps and rashes due to the fact that it is ripping layers of skin off unnecessarily.

- Response by stacerpacer, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Chicago, Self-Employed