Let's reverse the situation: What would you guys think if the woman you were with was watching men?
Dating / 5:01 PM - Friday April 10, 2009

So let's say that you're out to dinner with your SO, what would you think if the women you were with were watching men constantly? Would it bother you? I see a lot of men saying it wouldn't but I have yet to see a guy who doesn't feel totally pissed when that happens. Hey, I don't even like it when I'm not dating the woman and she does it.

- Asked by patresi, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Funny...I think it needs to be determined the cause of why she is watching other men...It could be disrespect, wandering eyes (innocent), bored, enthralled with the opposite gender, many, many reasons.

I believe there are people that honestly and truly don't care if the person they are with is checking out other people while with them. It seems natural/normal to look at people we find ourself attracted too. Obviously the line is drawn when the conversation starts to linger off as the drool is streaming out of her mouth as she watches.

True story:

I was sitting in a restaurant with my s/o when an extremely attractive man exited out the door. I was sitting next to a window and couldn't help but watch him make his way to his vehicle when a male companion caught up with him (similarly attractive). My eyes were glued, as I keyed in my s/o to check out these two guy embraced and kissing. Big deal right? Well, that is how I feel most people should think. Nine times out of ten, it is just some great eye candy and nothing more. People make to much of a big deal out of this...One needs to realize that it is fruitless to even try and control where their companion chooses to look, and disrespectful or not, we all do it, and those that say they don't are lying, some are just a bit sneaker about it!

My .02

- Response by lovelylife, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Good point! Women should be allowed to be pig's too! :P

- Response by solstess, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Detroit, Artist / Musician / Writer

Great question and my experience has been that men have no tolerance for it....and are much more jealous and possessive than women. Also I think men see it more as an ownership thing...in a small way....like you belong to him. With women it's more about disrespect.

- Response by baybreeze69, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I don't have a problem withthem doing it once in a while. Just not all the time.you are out with me, so let's pay attention to each other. It's like a menu, it's okay to look, just as long as you don't or are not planning on ordering it. Like I said, once in a while no biggie, but if it's a constant thing and I am now being ignored due to wandering eyes, then it becomes an issue.

- Response by ferree, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Other Profession

I don't allow anyone to upset me. that's empower her too much.
I just ask her, "so... do you see who's picking-up your tab?"

Then, I go to the bar and have a drink... leaving her to look!

I think most guys would get upset if their girlfriend did it in front of them, it makes it seem like she doesn't appreciate being out with him. They may not talk about it, but I'm sure it would bother them.

- Response by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

The reason men don't care as much as women do is because women form stronger emotional attachments to men than men do to women. Men are more secure that their woman will stay loyal (because less women cheat than men) and even if the woman does cheat, the man won't care as much as a woman would if she got cheated on because like I said, women have stronger feelings for men than men do for women.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

My Stud Muffin is so secure in our relationship that it doesn't bother him! He'll look with me.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

I think its so embarrassing !
Having your date look at another man, come on.

& the same for women..its just not right.
Do it when their not around or just a glance is fine.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 22-25, Student