What do i do if my boyfriend keeps getting mad at me over stupid things and doesn't forgive me?
Dating / 1:15 AM - Tuesday April 07, 2009

what do i do if my boyfriend keeps getting mad at me over stupid things and doesn't forgive me?

my boyfriend and i have a lot of fights, mostly about really trivial things. i guess it's my fault. i have a habit of asking him why he's mad at me or telling him he's being mean sometimes, usually over the phone. for some reason, we don't get along that way. i really don't mean to do this. he's not very forgiving when he's mad, he tends to ignore me and not saying anything. what can i do to make him forgive me???? it kills me inside. nothing i say or do can make it right.

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28

An abusive relationship is one where you are always on the defense; asking for forgiveness; begging for absolution; or promising never to do something EVER again.

It is sick, unhealthy, disfunctional and very UNhappy. Accept for the King that you are praying to!

Sound familiar?

actually sit down with him and ask why he gets angry so much. confronting him about (even) trivial things over the phone will most likely upset him, you wouldnt like it either.

if you guys want this relationship to work, you'll have to stop fighting like this.

my advice is, whenever you feel like he's angry again, tell him this; "hey babe ive noticed you seem a bit prickled, is it anything i did? i really dont want to upset you so please tell me if its anything i can help?"

sometimes people just fight for no reason, but he could be picking a fight over anything because hes not happy in this relationship. he might not even know this yet! i used to be really annoyed by my ex about everything he did but i still loved him - after a few weeks i realized that this situation wasnt going to make either of us happy so we broke it off.

just tell him whats going on inside you when you feel hes angry or when youre fighting and see if you can fix this. if not, its not worth all of the fighting and feeling bad about it

- Response by clogwog, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Melbourne, Student

ok so to directly answer your question: dont beg for his forgiveness, it wont work that way. youll actually need to figure out WHY he wont forgive you naturally and work on this issue instead of the symptoms! xx

You would be better off getting a new boyfriend. One who is not so childish and likes to keep you begging for his forgiveness. You do not deserve to be treated like a guilty person who does everything wrong. Look for someone else and do it quickly.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Teaching

my ex started doing that when he was cheating on me.....

tell him you're the girl in the relationship not him...

- Response by cjwahl, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Sounds to me like your just being annoying and he's starting to have a hard time dealing with it. Why don't you try NOT asking him why he's mad or getting on his case all the time, especially on the phone. Not everyone likes to "blahblah" on the phone all the time.

You sound like a nagger, stop calling him.

- Response by PunkyBruster, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Montreal, Technical