What's the deal with older men hitting on me?
Dating / 8:40 AM - Monday April 06, 2009

Lately, I seem to be getting hit on by a lot of older men (and by older I mean 50+). However, guys my age (25-30) NEVER hit on me. I think I'm probably too "nice" to these men, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm putting mixed messages out there. I don't meet these men in bars--they just approach me while I'm at the gym or walking in my neighborhood. And no, I don't look older than I am.

"Older" men have been hitting on me since I was 10. Seriously. :/

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

you should be more attractive thats the reason y they hit you .

- Response by chap2007, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Self-Employed

ah
what do ya need older guys for
get a .357 Magnum and shoot em
useless old guys

- Response by vank356, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Technical

Older guys hitting on younger women, even way younger women is something that has gone on for probably generations. Nothing new. They put no restraints on themselves.

The younger guys may be shyer; may be intimidated by you.

You might want to try smiling, saying hi to everyone, and the young guys you find appealing may get braver about approaching you.

- Response by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental

i take it you are not attracted to older men, at least those 20+ years older. but you might be a clasic beauty that the older men are picking up on and the reason why they are hitting on you. you did say that guys your own age never hit on you cause possibly you are too nice. but your message is not being mixed up. you are in the range desiring to get married, and some guys that age are STILL only looking for a quick lay.

and since you can't seem to find nice guys your age at the gym or in your neighborhood, have you considered another place to meet them? the internet? church? work? sports bars, through friends? etc..

it sounds like you are a wonderful catch, and its just that you haven't been making yourself available where the available guys you like are located.

Dont feel bad my daugter is 22 and divorced she was married to a 25 yr old man. know she has dated men from 45 to 50. as a dad i wish she'd date someone closer to her age. we've talked about this and she's wondering why she attracts older men. she is very good looking and works and is raising her 2 yr old daughter. she has asked me what i thought about this. all i can say is that if she finds a man that really loves her and will take care of her to go for it.

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail

LOL I guess it's that age, between 25 and 30, we all attract older guys. I used to get upset, don't get me wrong they're all nice and gentlemen but I wanted someone closer to my age as I used to date a guy 13 years older than me. LOL we couldn't even talk about music or movie, he would end up saying, "oh that's way before your time hun!" We didn't have much in common and I couldn't blend in with his friends. :) It was then when I hit 29! Everything changed, I started to attract YOUNGER guys than myself, like 5 or 7 years younger than me. :)) Now I'm dating a guy who's 2 years younger than me and I certainly prefer his company, although he acts like a young boy sometimes. Either way you have to pay the price I guess.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

HIt Hit HIt!!!!! IJS!