I am so unhappy. I cry all the time because I feel neglected by my husband.
Married Life / 4:14 AM - Tuesday March 31, 2009

I love him but I'm contemplating divorce. I just dread the thought of being single though.

We just fight all the time and have sex never. He is always at some game store playing some stupid cardgame.

He does not see what he is doing wrong even though I tell him constantly. He just doesn't get it.

I don't know what you can tell me; I just needed to tell someone...idk. I'm just so depressed because of him.

Is it possible to love someone and loathe them at the same time?

- Asked by luvsdjhtm, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Seattle, Who Cares?

Not sure what you expected marriage to give you, but you don't become tied at the hips. You both need to have friends and activities and hobbies that enrich your life but don't involve your partner. People that have no such activities or hobbies that bring joy and excitement into their lives are boring. They don't have much to talk about, and their world is very, very small. Boring.

Hopefully that is NOT you. But if it is, then get up and get into a class or something and develop yourself. And when you are happier and thinking about something exciting, you won't be looking for your husband to be your sole source of entertainment. ANd honey, if you think a man wants to come home to be around some crying, nagging, depressed woman, you really don't understand men! You act like that he will NEVER come home. To get him to give you what you want, you have to give him what he wants to draw him to you.

- Response by msheartbeat, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Self-Employed

OK. I can understand how you feel.

Have you considered joining him?
Or perhaps developing a hobby of your own?

When you are married you need some away time.

Before you go any firther with the divorce give him one more chance to change. Then if he neglects you again you should follow threw with the divorce.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Cleveland, Home Maker

If he's 18-21 like you, well I'm sorry but he's acting pretty much his age. And quite frankly you shouldnt even wonder why he is..

Sometimes you feel a lot lonelier when you're with someone who dsnt even care. So if it dsnt feel right, time to move on before you waste a few more years...

- Response by secilia, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Athens, Body Work

People want to get young when they're children, swear their adults and then when shit hits the fan they just run. Clearly you need to open lines of communication. Tell him how you feel and that divorce is on your mind. See if he changes when he realizes how serious your feelings are.

I never understand why people want to rush into marriage just so they can rush OUT of it.

- Response by sweetness04, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Artist / Musician / Writer

Doesn't sound like he's mature enough to be married. He's still living the single, I can do what ever I want, life.

As hard as it is to divorce someone, it may be your only chance to find happiness. Let him go, be single for a year or so, and then start looking for someone who WANTS to be married. Good luck.

- Response by bob49, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, Seattle, Transportation